New pinch and zoom feature

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
The new pinch and zoom feature is a vast improvement of the horrible way it used to be. Great job guys. Only 1 minor problem. It's somewhat useless. Yes you can instantly zoom in from the preview screen but if you want to take a picture or video zoomed in it reverts back to normal view when playing back from library. What good is that?
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Showguy wrote:
The new pinch and zoom feature is a vast improvement of the horrible way it used to be. Great job guys. Only 1 minor problem. It's somewhat useless. Yes you can instantly zoom in from the preview screen but if you want to take a picture or video zoomed in it reverts back to normal view when playing back from library. What good is that?

did you remember to 'save' upon exit ?  And, it would effect future records not older in my experience.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Thanks for the reply Tom. Maybe I was not clear. The new app update released today now allows you to pinch and zoom during live viewing. You no longer have to go through the cumbersome exercise of going into the camera settings and resizing the zoom window. The only problem is when you pinch and zoom any video you take or snapshots are stored in the full view not the actual zoomed view. This leads me to believe that this new feature is totally based on the pinch and zoom feature of IOS and Android. As a result it's not a function of the camera actually zooming. So in the end you can not take zoomed video without going into the camera settings and resetting the zoom box. Still a nice feature for live view.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok... missed what you were explaining...

I'll pull my ipad and take a better look, as you said, it's prob a feature more of the IOS over the system.

( I do admit, i do most of my house-keeping on a PC for Arlo, I use my android and/or the ipad really for arming/dis-arm and notices )

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation