Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New System Setup

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kevin00
Tutor
Tutor
Hi i just purchased the arlo system, on my base station i have 3 lights on. The power, intetnet and camera lights, my issue is i cant get past the new system setup option on the arlo app. Im connected to the wifi my base station is connected to. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
kevin00
Tutor
Tutor
Found my own answer and thought I post it for anyone who runs into this problem. All I needed to do for the app to detect the base station, was to hold the reset and sync button for a hard rest. I was just holding the rest button! This immediately fixed the issue! I found the answer search thought the forum.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kevin00,

I am glad you were able to find a solution to the issue. Thank you for letting us know!

JamesC

bweidert
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two green lights on, have not done the cameras yet.  I also cannot get past the setup either on the iPhone app or my iMac.  I tried one suggestion to simultaneously press the syn and reset buttons on the base station.  No luck.  Any other suggestions.  Also, there does not appear to be a customer support number to call or even a chat site with anyone at Arlo/Netgear.  I find that very irritating.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reset on a base with the latest firmware is done using only the reset button. What happens after that is done?

Support contacts are available via the Support link at the top here and then Contact Support on the right side.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation