Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TheWord
Initiate
Initiate
New Arlo IOS app doesn’t show battery power or # of motivations on Device page as it did previously -a major step backwards. Now you have to click on each camera then select device setup. Having 10 cameras becomes a burden to do so. Seems as though the new Arlo ownership is failing to see that they are moving backwards by removing features.
5 REPLIES 5
osumosan
Initiate
Initiate

Agreed. What are you thinking, Arlo? Not having battery status on the main devices page. That is a huge oversight! Plus I don't get low battery warnings any longer. Is that a bug or a feature?

CowboyBob
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot find where you adjust the camera sensitivity after the last update.   I also agree that having to drill down to see the battery level is a huge PITA.

Fulliautomatix
Guide
Guide

@CowboyBob wrote:

I cannot find where you adjust the camera sensitivity after the last update.   I also agree that having to drill down to see the battery level is a huge PITA.

I'm not sure if it is the only way to change sensitivity, but here is a way that I'm using to change sensitivity via the App (on Android):

1. Go to the Mode tab

2. Edit (green pencil) one of the modes where your cameras are used.

3. Edit (green pencil) the camera(s) in question

4. Edit (green pencil) "Detects Motion", use the slider bar to change sensitivity, remembering that the icons are counter-intuitive and to the right is more sensitive, and to the left is less sensitive.

5. Save settings

6. Lather, rinse, repeat for each of the cameras.

Fulliautomatix
Guide
Guide

As a side note, I just noticed that you can change the sensitivity of each camera, in each mode.

So you could have a mode where are your cameras are in hypersensitive mode, and a mode where all your cameras are in hyposensitive mode, or a mix as you see fit.

Kaiserbill
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was just going through this very same problem.  Turns out web access doesn't display those settings anywhere that I could find.   Looked on the IOS app and all is there and where is was.

Big discrepencies between the web interface and the IOS app.

-30f here and batteries are running down in 5 days!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation