Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New App Update for Android "LIVE" viewing takes much longer to load than Iphone

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
norenlaw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I read through some of the new app update complaints for Android and looks like the battery icon is coming back which is definitely needed so that is great. I just updated my app and noticed that when I click the "LIVE" button to see streamed view, it takes longer for it to load than in the previous app. I upgraded my cable internet to 10MB once I purchased my camera kit a couple months ago so I don't think it would be the connection. It takes 10-15 seconds now to load the "LIVE" view when viewing from my phone. Has anyone use using Android noticed this?

I downloaded the app to my work Iphone 5S and it goes to "LIVE" in like half or a third of the time.

2 REPLIES 2
sirmatt101
Tutor
Tutor
I also just discovered that after loading the new app that my modes had been turned off so absolutely no recording coverage overnight. I think the previous app was far more user friendly, don't know why this one was released!
nickgtr35
Apprentice
Apprentice

mine takes much longer to load too. When i turn on the android app it takes twice as long to load and the battery icons are missing, Netgear Arlo development team really dont know what they are doing. They have updated an app that is far worse than the previous one and its not finished.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation