Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My recycle bin is missing - on my computer sign in - no longer there

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EJinCA
Star
Star

I noticed today that they have changed the web page completely.  Entirely new look when you sign in.  I navigated around and the recycle bin is completely missing.  Has anyone else noticed this.  There is no "cloud storage" of anything that I have deleted. It is all gone.

2 REPLIES 2
Viperbird
Guide
Guide

It seems they finaly fixed this (removed recycle bin) and now deleting a video is actually deleted rather than going to a recycle bin.This will save me bunch of time since I had to do the same thing twice before.

'The recycling bin has been removed so videos you no longer need can be permanently deleted in just one simple step, and there’s no need to worry about manually managing previously deleted videos.'

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/New-Arlo-App-A-Quick-Guide-to-New-Features/ta-p...

EJinCA
Star
Star

1.  They should have told everyone in advance they were going to do this so that we could save our videos.  I was using my "recycle bin" as an online storage area for my 7 days.  Now, what I was storing on line is gone because they did not tell anyone what they were going to do.  Horrible customer communication.l  Horrible customer service.  2.  I had brand new video come into the cloud storage that was not in the recycle bin that disappeared during their change over.  They never addressed that either.  This company has awful, awful , awfull customer communication and customer service. 

They should have broadcast to everyone exactly what their plan was - in advance - so that everyone could save anything that they wanted to save.  They should have introduced the new platform ahead of time to the customers.  As for the new video that was on the server that just went missing - nothing can be done about that.

They have never ansewered my emails.  They have never addressed anything at all with me.  Nothing.  Huge gap and huge void.  They hide and they don't have the personnel to manage anything.  I think it shows all over the place that this is a very poorly managed company.  Who ever their managers are need to be replaced with something more than $1.99 management, and if these people are getting paid more than that - they are wasting their money and not getting what they are paying these people for.  I still have not written my Amazon review.  I still have a long way to go in speaking out about the flaws that I am finding in their system with both their cameras and their corporate management.  These cameras are so easy to "fool" it isn't funny.  I'm figuing that out really quickly and I'm sure that criminals already know that. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation