Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 38 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
cpa9850
Guide
Guide

Have entered both my email & the Verizon version of the text message address.

The three lights are on at the bottom of the NetGear hub.  They all look green to me, but could be yellow (sorry, colors are not my strong point).

Under Mode, I have turned off the Schedule and selected "All Motion On".

I think the camera is detecting motion because when I used the "Motion Detection Test" I could see the flashing light (but I did NOT get any push notification).

I have Android version 5.1.1 (Galaxy Note 5).

The About box in Arlo online shows version 1.10.5.708_10299.

FW Version
1.6.0_3643

HW Version
VMB3010r2

HardwareVMC3030

Firmware1.2.2688

So, why am I not getting any notifications?

Thank you in advance!

Dan

38 REPLIES 38
Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. Once I set the mode I go to the Push to check if the pencil is enabled if not I enable it sa e and then back out. I tried once backing out to go back to Push to see if it was still enabled it was not. My question then is should it remain enabled?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, it should remain checked. You indicate only saving once, though. You need to save twice, once for nthe rule and once for the Mode.

Does this happen with both app and browser?

Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did Save twice. The Push pencil is only on the app not on the browser.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe I'm confused. You keep saying "push pencil". I'm assuming you mean push notifications. Is that correct? There's no pencil, indicating the ability to edit, just a checkmark to enable or disable. Are you referring to something else?

Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry, my app has a pencil on the right side of Push notifications. So I keep enabling that thinking that it must be on to get my Push. But as I've reported it doesn't stay enabled.
Hoeller
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have another question, can I continuous record on a camera? And do I have to disable motion detection?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hoeller wrote:
Sorry, my app has a pencil on the right side of Push notifications. So I keep enabling that thinking that it must be on to get my Push. But as I've reported it doesn't stay enabled.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Yes, there's a pencil to supposedly edit when push notifications are enabled but it doesn't do anything.  You just need to use the checkmark on the left to enable it.  However, if it's not staying enabled even after saving the rule and mode, something else is up.  You've probably already done something like this but try enabling it, save rule and mode, edit again, disable (if it's not goofed up again), save, and finally enable it again.  

The only other thing I can think of is to create a new mode with the exact same settings and see if your settings stick in that mode.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hoeller wrote:
I have another question, can I continuous record on a camera? And do I have to disable motion detection?

The only way to continuously record is through live view and use the record button there. However, that only lasts for 30 minutes max.  No, you don't need to disable detection but live view all by itself overrides detection/recording.

Travicat
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where do I find the grey airplane that is supposed to turn back on notifications? I only have access from my iPhone as we are on vacation. We stopped receiving notifications last night sometime.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The airplane is long gone.  Go to the Mode tab, click on your system and edit any modes you use.  The rules in those modes are where you set notifications.  Also, make sure your phone's settings for the app allows notifications to be sent.

AJAYT007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed the old email address and added a new email address for my alerts. And started working right away.

Seems there is a refresh issue with Arlo.

I did not try switching back to my old email address, I am assuming it will start working again.

Hope it works for you folks as well.

Jlesher714
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last night we lost power twice & ever since then i stopped recieving push notifications. I have checked all the settings and push notificatios is checked. I even unchecked iit and rechecked its still nothing. Im receiving emails notifications but not on My Iphone.  I have reset everything and still no push notifications.  Please advise this is frustrating and pointless for home security if im not notified.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two things:

1) There was an issue with iOS push notifications yesterday that should now be resolved.  Is it for you?

2) Losing power is a concern for anyone using the Internet to monitor any system.  Installing a small (750VA or larger) UPS/battery backup is the best solution since then your network never loses power except on very long outages.  Plug your modem, router and base into the UPS to prevent power loss to these devices and keep your network running all the time.

Jlesher714
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello,

Yes it started working again, thank you for the reply. I'm going to order a ups/battery back up. I appreciate you suggesting that.

Thank You
Jason
Discussion stats
  • 38 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation