Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple schedules

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Willpatey2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI,

I would like to utilize the Geofencing but have it activate multiple schedules, so for example Schedule 1 is Armed away, for this during the day when passing traffic is high I want it to be lower motion sensitivity and redording to that when its evening or night, Schedule 2 is Disarmed Home where during the day the camera's are disarmed but come on in the evening and night. How can I achieve this? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you just need to create your own custom modes with appropriate settings that you could then either use the schedule or a mode using GF.  By setting a schedule with the lower sensitivity during the normal daylight hours and a second one for the other times may work for you.  Use GF to define whether to use the schedule or a specific mode for each of the Home and Away settings. That way you can mix and match as you need.

Willpatey2000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply but I already have the differnet modes running off the scheule, however I need two schedules to do dofferent things depending if I am home or not. The idea here is that during the day when I am home the camera's are not armed and so will not trigger everytime a car passes for example. This will greatly prolong the battery life. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you can't get Arlo to do what you want with custom modes AND really need two schedules , then you only have one option....

Add a second base unit. ( or inside Q cameras as they are stand-alone too )

There is no limit to the number of bases ( only camera limit by service level ) and with a second base it will operate as a second system with it's own arming/schedule/geozone /etc....

Split up your cameras as to needs to the two bases.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation