Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion on one camera, record on all cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
diirekt
Follower
Follower
When motion is detected on one camera I want to record on all my cameras. How do I?
2 REPLIES 2
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Go to Settings-->Rules-->Click "Add" or "+" on the upper right corner and create your "Rules Definition"..

Here's an idea if you have 3-CAMS.. Label Name Example --> CAM-1, CAM-2, CAM-3

Rule-1:

CAM-1  Motion detects on "Cam-1" and Records on "Cam-1"   ---> Don't forget to click "SAVE" or "Done" on upper right corner

Rule-2:

CAM-1  Motion detects on "Cam-1" and Records on "Cam-2"   ---> Don't forget to click "SAVE" or "Done" on upper right corner

Rule-3:

CAM-1  Motion detects on "Cam-1" and Records on "Cam-3"   ---> Don't forget to click "SAVE" or "Done" on upper right corner

Rule-4:

CAM-2  Motion detects on "Cam-2" and Records on "Cam-2"   ---> Don't forget to click "SAVE" or "Done" on upper right corner

Rule-5:

CAM-2  Motion detects on "Cam-2" and Records on "Cam-3"   ---> Don't forget to click "SAVE" or "Done" on upper right corner

Rule-6:

CAM-2  Motion detects on "Cam-2" and Records on "Cam-1"   ---> Don't forget to click "SAVE"  or "Done" on upper right corner

Rule-7:

CAM-3  Motion detects on "Cam-3" and Records on "Cam-3"   ---> Don't forget to click "SAVE" or "Done" on upper right corner

Rule-8:

CAM-3  Motion detects on "Cam-3" and Records on "Cam-2"   ---> Don't forget to click "SAVE" or "Done" on upper right corner

Rule-9:

CAM-3 Motion detects on "Cam-3" and Records on "Cam-1"    ---> Don't forget to click "SAVE" or "Done" on upper right corner

Hope this helps.. 

Note: You'd have to test & play around with "Motion Sensitivity" and "Length of Record Time" to make sure that it's in the right delay or enough record time to capture the right moment of action.. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Also, I believe Label Names must be unique: 

Edit Example Above To: 

Rule-1:
CAM-1

Rule-2:
CAM-1/2

Rule-3:
CAM-1/3  .. and so on... 

Discussion stats