Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
montybg
Follower
Follower

I have a 3 camera system, all cameras outside. Only 2 are sensing motion. The one that is not, I can view and record etc. but it will not pick up any motion.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

<<Only 2 are sensing motion. The one that is not, I can view and record etc. but it will not pick up any motion.>>

Since you are streaming , the connection is ok... but are you using a schedule or a mode to activate camera?

From your browser, turn on ALL CAMERAS MOTION mode ( or what ever you renamed it to ) that turns on all the cameras for motion

Once this is done, go to CAMERAS.  Make sure ALL the "running men" are Green at top of camera box. The GREEN man means that motion is set to activate.  If the trouble camera does not havs a green running man, the MODE setting is incorrect.

If all the running men are green, then go to the troubled camera and reset it by opening the battery door for 10 secs and reclose.

Test above again and see if now working.... if still a problem ask and we'll try something else.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
SirSwish
Tutor
Tutor

I solved my problem using the above method. My problem was I added a camera and it was performing just like the OP's. Come to find out that when you go into the "modes" settings, you have to add your new camera to the all motion on or whatever mode. they do not join modes by default. once you "ungray" the new camera within the new mode it works out.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation