Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
wasfromthebx
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras has not been able to dectect any motion a week after purchase.  I've moved it to another location/removed batteries and restared base station to no avail.  Please help 😞

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you able to live stream videos from the cameras??

If you are streaming , the connection is ok... but are you using a schedule or a mode to activate camera?

From your browser, turn on ALL CAMERAS MOTION mode ( or what ever you renamed it to ) that turns on all the cameras for motion

Once this is done, go to CAMERAS.  Make sure ALL the "running men" are Green at top of camera box. The GREEN man means that motion is set to activate.  If the trouble camera does not havs a green running man, the MODE setting is incorrect.

If all the running men are green, then go to the troubled camera and reset it by opening the battery door for 10 secs and reclose.

Test above again and see if now working.... if still a problem ask and we'll try something else.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
wasfromthebx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Didn't work

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wasfromthebx wrote:

Didn't work

what didn't work??  maybe a little more info.

Reset the camera?, Green running man? modes?

wasfromthebx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Resetting the camera, green running man and modes.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wasfromthebx wrote:

Resetting the camera, green running man and modes.

ok, one down... resetting the camera didn't work

But as far as the other , you're to terse to get enough info to answer your questions...

1) can you live stream the camera that motion detect does not work?

2) was the running man green on the camera after setting motion on (that does not work)?

3) Does the MODE for motion all on have the cameras listed in the makeup and all CHECK marks for cameras green?

wasfromthebx
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera I'm having issues with did work at first for a week. When it stopped woring, I've reset the camera and restarted the base station. Moved the camera to a location closer to the base station. Checked to make sure the motion mode was on. After all of this it only streams and running man remains off.. And the check mark for said camera doesn't remain checked.. Hope I didn't miss anything.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

wasfromthebx wrote:
The camera I'm having issues with did work at first for a week. When it stopped woring, I've reset the camera and restarted the base station. Moved the camera to a location closer to the base station. Checked to make sure the motion mode was on. After all of this it only streams and running man remains off.. And the check mark for said camera doesn't remain checked.. Hope I didn't miss anything.

Since your "running man' is not green, you will never get it to record via motion.... When you turn on motion activation, the running man goes green to let you know it is acitve.

Since you reset the base... and it didn't change the MODE/RULES may have gotten changed to the point where it is always turned off.

SO I think your next step is a FULL FACTORY reset... but remember you will have to sync you cams again and redo your schedule if you have one.

it will restore all to the original way it came from the box... also you may have to do the sw updates ( turn on auto update ) and also don't open the cam battery door while the camera is flashing blue/amber

1. Perform a factory reset on your base station. 

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. After doing a factory reset on the base station, rerun the setup procedure. The factory reset removes the base station from the account. If your cameras were synced to the base station, you might need to sync the cameras again after the base station comes back online. For more information, see How Do I Set Up And Sync My Arlo Cameras?.

If you are still unable to get your base station to connect, visit https://support.arlo.com and submit a support case describing the steps you have taken and provide the following information:

wasfromthebx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been jacking with this system since my last post....and now all the camera's are detecting motion and recording, but this is the message it gives me now!!!!!

Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router.  This system has been a waste of my life.