Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
meyekle
Guide
Guide

Hello all,

I've owned two cameras and the base station since mid 2015.  I wasn't having any problems with motion detection or emails until this week.  First I was having emails issues (which is a known problem and being worked on by Netgear) but now the motion detection has stopped working altogether.  The motion detection didn't happen suddenly but became less responsive over time until it stopped.  The little running dude has stopped lighting up anytime I walk in front of the camera or wave my arm in front of it.  I haven't changed any setting whatsoever. I can't tell you how many hours I've spent working on this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Btw, I've rebooted the station, removed the cameras from the station and reconfigured and sync'd them up again but no luck.  The only thing I haven't done is start from scratch and reset the station back to factory settings.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try the factory reset but be ready to create a trouble ticket for possible RMA.

meyekle
Guide
Guide

Yeah, I reset to the factory defaults and I attempted to reconfigure but I now I can't access the station 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you remove the device from your account and then try to re-add it?

meyekle
Guide
Guide

Well, I factory reset the base station and now I can no longer access the station to configure it.  I've tried using the iphone app and the website but no response. When I do try, the search ends up timing out and then taking me back to the page asking for me to plug in power and network.   I've tried mulitpule times with no luck. If it is the station, and if it's going to cost me more money to repair, I'll probably just shelf the the whole system since I refuse to sink any more money into it. Can you tell me the process of obtaining an RMA?  Btw, I wanted to thank you for your response---I really do appreciate it!  If you come up with any other suggestions that I can try, please let me know.

thanks again!

meyekle
Guide
Guide

ok, well it seems that I didn't correctly reset the box.  I walked through the process during a chat session with support and everything seems to be ok now--even the motion detection and email alerts are working.  I'll start testing it again and see how things go. Again, thanks for responding to my posts!

Hanset01
Tutor
Tutor

Hi all,

The same thing has happened to mine.

Mine is pointed at a gate facing a stairwell.

The gate is 3 feet away, but you have to be pass a foot in front of the lense before it detects you, no matted what the motion speed setting. Bascially I end up with a pile of videos of my backpack.

I have resynced it twice with the base station, deleted the camera and reinstalled it, and power cycled the base station itself.

When I first purchased it a few months ago, it was working great and it is now semi-useless.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hanset01,

If you have another camera, consider swapping its location with the affected camera to see if the issue is with the location. It can sometimes take some trial and error to find the location where your cameras will perform the best. Take a look at this article to make sure your camera is positioned for best performance: Optimizing motion detection performance on Arlo Wire-Free cameras

JamesC

Hanset01
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

Thanks, but I only have one camera at my disposal.

The issue is that the camera hasn't moved, but instead has simply stopped picking up motion past 3ft.

It also has a habit of getting stuck in Night Mode, until you remove the batteries.

I would like to check/update the firmware of my Basestation (currently 1.7.1_4638) and the Arlo (1.2.2688), but I can't find any way to do this via my settings panel. Having read some old forums, there seems to have been an 'Autoupdate' slider in the past, but I imagine this has been removed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hanset01,

Your camera and base station firmware are on the latest firmware versions. In the past there was a toggle for firmware updates but this is no longer needed as firmware updates are automatic.

If the device is getting stuck in Night Vision mode this could indicate a hardware issue. My advise at this point would be that you contact the Arlo Support Team for further investigation.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation