Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection on, Camera records, does not send notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NParker
Follower
Follower

So my neighborhood has been seeing a rise in crime; car prowls, car thefts, and burglaries.  I bought to Arlo 4 camera outdoor system.  

I want to set the cameras up to watch my street and intersections near my house.   So what I want the camera to do is, detect motion, record, and save the video.  I do not necessarily want to get a notification every time a car drives by.   However, if the next morning we wake up and a crime has been committed, I want to be able to go back and view the recordings.  

Is this possible already? Other than using the schedule mode?  (I don't want to turn off the motion sensing ever).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NParker,

This can be done by creating a custom mode for motion detection but disabling alerts. For more information on how to create a custom mode, see here: How do I create a mode for my Arlo Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

NParker,

This can be done by creating a custom mode for motion detection but disabling alerts. For more information on how to create a custom mode, see here: How do I create a mode for my Arlo Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Note that if you are capturing lots of videos due to the positioning of the cameras (you mention watching the street and intersections), batteries will deplete quickly.  Check out Internet stores for batteries or consider rechargeable batteries if using the original wireless cameras.  The Pro cameras already use a rechargeable battery pack but must be taken down to recharge or purchase an extra camera for recharging purchases and possible future expansion.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation