Motion detection issue after firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
albebaubles
Follower
Follower

The latest firmware updqated has rendered mine useless.  I starts recording AFTER the person enters the house, a nice 22 second video of nothing. every time,  They shouldnt be sellign these as security cameras -- but instedad as TOYS.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

albebaubles,

It’s important to understand that due to the battery-powered design of the cameras and their requirement to conserve power when not in use, there may be some small amount of delay while the cameras wake up from energy-saving mode.

Camera position can also be a factor in motion detection performance. It can sometimes take some trial and error to find optimal conditions for your Arlo system.

Take a look at the tips in this article to be sure your cameras are positioned for best performance: How do I optimize my Arlo Wire-Free camera’s motion detection performance?

JamesC

jmgj
Initiate
Initiate

The motion detection and camera recording is a dismal failure..  and time delay, even to conserve batteries renders the system useless.  in the time it takes for the camera to begin recording, whatever tripped the motion sensor is long gone...  I have lots of video of nothing or what ever tripped the motion sensor shows up in the 9th second of the recording..  I can cover 50' to 75' in less than 9 seconds.  A car drives by but is out of camera view by the time it begins recording.  Major issues if used for security reasons.. 

I tried several locations and varied the motion sensitivity to no avail.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jmgj,

I apologize for any frustration this issue has caused. Due to the many factors and environmental conditions that can be involved, if the troubleshooting in my post above does not help, it may be best that you consider contacting the Arlo Support Team for more in-depth troubleshooting. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. 

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation