Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
StargazerOne
Tutor
Tutor

I've been having this same problem over the last couple of weeks. It's hard to replicate because sometimes it it records video but other times it doesn't. I can't see a pattern. Today, it recorded 15 sec. clips when we left the house. It recorded video when it detected the garbage collector a couple hours later. But then in the afternoon I got an alert for motion (I was expecting a delivery) but no video was recorded. I checked the live feed and everything works fine. There's just no video for the motion at it detected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing issues with our cloud servers which may be slowing down reception of alerts and video recordings. Our engineers are working on the situation with urgency and things should be back to normal shortly. In the meantime, we apologize for any downtime you’re experiencing and want to let you know that we are working non-stop to address the issue.

Update:

A fix for this issue has been released and has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop to resolve this. 

Please refer any additional comments on this issue to the following thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Ghostbuster
Star
Star

This issue has not been resolved. I am also having problems with this issue. 

mpho
Tutor
Tutor

Ditto. This is happening to me every day now.

Ghostbuster wrote:

This issue has not been resolved. I am also having problems with this issue. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing issues with our cloud servers which may be slowing down reception of alerts and video recordings. Our engineers are working on the situation with urgency and things should be back to normal shortly. In the meantime, we apologize for any downtime you’re experiencing and want to let you know that we are working non-stop to address the issue.

Update:

A fix for this issue has been released and has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop to resolve this. 

Please refer any additional comments on this issue to the following thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

Thank you,

JamesC

Ghostbuster
Star
Star

This problem has gotten worse today. What good are the recorded videos if it isn't capturing motion. The recording begins after the action has happened. I've got videos of 20 seconds of nothing. 

eye_in_the_sky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here. the motion will go off with nothing noticable to set it off, it's just recording the scenery. it seems like a hickup setting the sensors off to record nothing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First off, the cameras need to be positioned properly, with motion being across the FOV, not directly at it, and motion strating near an edge.  Many problems are caused by the camera taking in too much view so motion is in the middle, moving more or less at the camera.

Also, since at best there's a 2 second lag in starting to record, a fast moving object (think bird) may trigger recording but the object has already moved out of the frame. A different location may help this as well as lowering sensitivity.

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
This is happening for me too. Motion is detected but no recording appears in the library. I heard a man cough and checked to see the camera had detected motion at 3.56am outside my property and waited for the video to appear in the library but it did not. When I first got Arlo it recorded everything, now it will record after detecting motion. Is this a fault, jamming, hacking or something else? I have already had all of these!
c_adams
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue also..... Out of 3 cameras 1 is detecting motion but no video loading. One question would be does the signal strength on the camera wireless make a difference?, the one that is not loading has 2 out of 3 bar signal strength and the other 2 have 3 bars and is just fine.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

c_adams,

Signal strength could be the cause of the issue. A quick way to test would be to swap locations with an unaffected camera and see if the issue follows the camera or the location.

JamesC

Sinisbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo says "solved"  ????  I don't think so. August 19, 2016 and I'm having the same issue.  Makes you question the product and / or software reliability.  Back to Costco until they improve their product.

Sinisbob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doubt the bars are the issue. I'm getting same issue on a 3 bar camera located 20 feet from the base station. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sinisbob,

Are you able to produce a manual recording via live stream? Does it arrive in the library? I have not been able to replicate any issues with recordings arriving in the library via motion detection or manual record. Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

lilbit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just one camera will not record video but it does give notifications from motion.  I have changed locations of cameras with no change so it is the camera. I tried to reset where the funnel is empty but does not give me an option to save and goes back to being full.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lilbit,

The funnel you're referring to sounds like the library filter. A full funnel indicates that the filter is active, which may be why you are not seeing the videos from your camera.

Consider using the reset button (after selecting the filter icon) to clear the filter selections.

This should allow all content regardless of which camera to be viewed from your library.

JamesC

Wdove59
Aspirant
Aspirant

I added 3 more cameras to our system and purchased the upgrase however we are having a problem with most of the cameras not detecting motion and recording movement. What do we need to do to get them working properly?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you live view and manually record?  If so, it may well be the camera positioning that needs work.  A common cause for lack of detection is too much scene - focus on the actual area of interest.  ALso, motion should be across the FOV, starting at an edge.  Post screenshots for specific suggestions.

lilbit
Aspirant
Aspirant

the reset button did nothing to get video.

lilbit
Aspirant
Aspirant

i tried changing locations of cameras but still one of the three cameras does not show video.  Also, the stated camera says the firmware needs updated but after several attempts it will not update.  could this be the cause of no video?  if so, what would cause it not to update?  I just purchased the set so was surprised the third camera did not have the same update as to others.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

lilbit wrote:

the reset button did nothing to get video.

Which reset button?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

lilbit wrote:

i tried changing locations of cameras but still one of the three cameras does not show video.  Also, the stated camera says the firmware needs updated but after several attempts it will not update.  could this be the cause of no video?  if so, what would cause it not to update?  I just purchased the set so was surprised the third camera did not have the same update as to others.

Does the camera that doesn't show video the same one, regardless of location?  A firmware update may be the issue but that normally occurs overnight - I've had limited success trying to manually get an update to occur. The other cameras may have updated themselves without you noticing.  However, a bad camera may be the ultimate issue.  Since the system is new, maybe return it to the store and swap for another.  If that's not possible, only contacting support using the Support link above will provide a resolution.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lilbit,

Adding to what jguerdat states above, check to make sure signal strength and batteries are full. Poor signal strength and/or depleted batteries could cause the firmware update to fail.

JamesC

jaggies
Aspirant
Aspirant

I swapped out batteries for my arlo wire free cameras and I can view the live feed and record manually. I recieve notofication of motion alerts on my mobile  but no email notifications and I also dont see recordings in my library. 

Sprockytown
Tutor
Tutor

Hallo!

The same for me. It seems to be a serious problem for Arlo / Netgear!

Very disapointing...