Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Scheduling - Feature Request

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JS85
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would love it if the scheduling feature allowed you to make specific schedules for individual cameras! It would help conserve battery life on cameras that don't need to be monitored all day!

Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Already possible.  You just need to create your own custom modes to be scheduled.  Check out the Mode tab.  You'll need a mode with appropriate rules for each timeframe - only one mode at a time can be active.  Define what you want on at what times and create a mode that has rules for only the cameras you want active (a camera with no rule is disarmed). To add more cameras to a mode, reedit the mode.  Place the modes in the appropriate time slots in the scheduler.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Already possible.  You just need to create your own custom modes to be scheduled.  Check out the Mode tab.  You'll need a mode with appropriate rules for each timeframe - only one mode at a time can be active.  Define what you want on at what times and create a mode that has rules for only the cameras you want active (a camera with no rule is disarmed). To add more cameras to a mode, reedit the mode.  Place the modes in the appropriate time slots in the scheduler.

JS85
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you! Sorry, just getting used to the app. That will help a TON!
Taterdog01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a way to set a rule for the schedule mode? If I try to make my own mode, i can create a rule but not schedule it......Thank you!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The schedule is not a mode. You use it to schedule your existing modes. Create any modes with the settings you need and then use the schedule to execute them at the appropriate times.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation