Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection suddenly stopped.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello, i discovered an issue with the Arlo Cameras for some reason the motion detection stopped. I woke up this morning and realized i had no recordings on my front camera. I usually have around 20-30 due to cars passing by people walking etc... I had to delete the rule and add the same rule in order for the motion to work again . Is this a bug in the camera or firmware? I apologize if this is a repeat post. 

Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The problem I would guess would be in the rule... just to the fact that you delete and restored it all was fine.   ( not the camera which gets its directions from the base )

What OS were you using, that may make a difference. There have been a couple Android glitches

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
sbtyper
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well i am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Lollipop 5.0. But i changed the rule through the website not the app. This has happened before around a month ago. The majority of the time the Arlo works great, but i get this glitch once in a while. Just wondering if a future firmware update would fix this. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like Android more than the arlo system... there was just a new update.. maybe when it loaded/updated, it gliched something.

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

TomMac wrote:

It sounds like Android more than the arlo system... there was just a new update.. maybe when it loaded/updated, it gliched something.

I disagree.  The exact app doesn't affect the rule/schedule.  Once it's set, it's up to the system, including the servers.

Jo
Tutor
Tutor

I had that happen and wnt into rules to check it out and discovered that when I added a rule I eather changed another by accident or they reset.  I rechecked and make sure all the rules were what I wanted and got it going again.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation