Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Kashbrook63
Initiate
Initiate

I am wondering what i can do to make sure the camera is recording during the entire motion.  say there is someone in my driver way for 3 min the longest i can see to let it record is 120s.  is there something i am missing that will allow it to keep recording until the movement has stopped?

kashbrook63@gmail.com

3 REPLIES 3
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Kashbrook63 wrote:

I am wondering what i can do to make sure the camera is recording during the entire motion.  say there is someone in my driver way for 3 min the longest i can see to let it record is 120s.  is there something i am missing that will allow it to keep recording until the movement has stopped?

Nope, you're not missing anything. It's not possible. It has been suggested by others though.

Visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and support the ideas you favor (by pressing the Kudos counter button) to let Netgear know what suggestions are popular with users and to potentially accelerate their development into production.

Kashbrook63
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you,  not what i wanted to hear.  I really like the system and was
looking to add more camera's and actually move it with me when i build my
new home next year but if the system will not record during the entire
motion then it isn't really want i want.  It would be nice if it started
recording once the sensors picked up motion and continued to record as long
as there was motion in the designated area

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras can be set to do this (they're wired so batteries aren't a concern) and have better motion detection.  While they're for indoor use, you can use them pointed through a window or perhaps in a well-protected outdoor location.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation