Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection and Capture Position Errors

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Cliffsomerset
Guide
Guide

I am still trying to set up perfect Position on my outside mount spot. I have noticed recently that when something like a car or people walking in front of my house at night, Arlo detects and recordsthe image as it is just moving off the edge of the of the image frame. I do not see the complete person walking across from left to right but just at the least second as the person walks out of view at the right edge. How come the camaera did not detect the person as they approached from left of view and capture the them moving accross entire time?

Ditto for any cars. I saw the detection of a tailight as it passes out of view on right but not during entire left to right motion frame. Where is the IR motion sensor eye? Is it on center of camera face. How can I better ilumminate my video recording at night? Do I need to set the brightness (Iris setting) all the way to right and does that setting work in the record mode or is it only good for live streaming?

Also I have notice some times on video that I get a momentary flash of color spectrum  during or after movement and then shows again in monochrome. Any idea from anybody on that?

4 REPLIES 4
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cliffsomerset,

When positioning your camera try to make sure there are no obstructions, such as trees or plants, so the camera has a clear view of any movement.  Also be sure to test your setup using the Motion Detection Test to determine the best sensitivity setting.  You can find more information in the following article on positioning your camera for the best results: How do I place my Arlo camera?

The IR motion sensor is located directly below the camera lens.  The brightness setting does work for recording and sliding it all the way to the right will illuminate your video recordings as well as streams.

I see you currently have a case open with support.  If you're still having trouble after reviewing the above troubleshooting steps, I encourage you to continue communicating through our support team.

Thank you!

JamesC

Cliffsomerset
Guide
Guide

Hi James,

I am updating my my case, I am sending back 4 new video files recorded that showed rhe issuses during recording after being triggered by motion. Thank you for the tip and explanation on the brightness and iris setting. That helped alot. What you wrote about Iris setting (brightness level) does that also apply to the magnification or zoom level too?

Regards,

Cliff

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Cliffsomerset,

When you adjust the Iris setting (brightness level) it does apply to the magnification/zoom level that you are referring to.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation