Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jrzgirl
Follower
Follower

Both the Position Mode and Motion Detection Test options on one of my cameras seem to be locked in a busy mode.  My camera is not detecting motion.

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jrzgirl,

Try rebooting your camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door.

Be sure to disarm the camera so that when using Position Mode or Motion Detection Test mode the camera is not already detecting motion and in use.

JamesC

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
Got the same issue to include Positioning setting as well. Here's what I tried:
1. Logged out of Arlo then back on - same
2. Rebooted my iPhone - same
3. Turned off THAT camera and repeated steps 1 &
2 above - same.
4. Check for software/hardware updates (already updated software, hardware fine)
Then the fun REALLY came - called Arlo Support (because I can as my system is two weeks old AND I have premium coverage. After waiting 1 hour 56 minutes, some Techie with a Scrooge attitude came on. Interrupting me with each sentence, gave responses not related to my issue, interrupted me again so I copped same attude with him. Results: the moron hung up on me and I still have same issue.

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
Update om this issue: Using "Remove Device", adding that camera back using standard Add Device. Steps, the Busy issue is gone, adios, sayonara, C-YA and Hit the road Jack.

Still working on how to deal with the dude with the attitude issue!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you get his name?  Perhaps JamesC can push it to the appropriate place.

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
Hai, Sensei (dang, haven't seen, ssid nor heard that word in some time).

Would have if he had given. Just said "Netgear Support, can I help you?" The second entry shows yhe miltitude of steps to fix. Not bad for an old fart, but 40 years in IT helped!

Thanks for your suggestion, or should I say arigato gozai mas, Sensei.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Believe me, I never would have picked "sensei" nor even "superuser". Apparently, I just have too much time on my hands and the system applies these...

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
I would tend to believe more your willingness to help others, knowledge of the subject you address and the fact mostly is the resoluion(s) people achieve with your sage advise.
My jibe was a respectful, though meek attempt at humor, in my reply, I hopefully did not offend. I am a practioner of martial arts, though not much the past few years, and my art was Japanese. The language was my first foreign language. I'm sure you know the meaning of Sensei.

My post, too long sorry, was for others to avoid and go direct to the resolution. Appreciate your replies regardless.

Lee