Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
achc
Follower
Follower

My two cameras have motion detection on (record on motion) and sensitivity at 100% (maximum). However it tends to miss the first 3-4 seconds of the beginning.

Is there a way to speed this up? Perhaps a firmware upgrade?

Battery life is also an issue here. CR123 are quite expensive and they use up in two weeks from new. This is being used indoor at +20 degree celcius, not outside. The clam of approx four months is way off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mr_mng
Initiate
Initiate

Add me to the list of people who are not happy with motion detection response times. Absolute trash. I regret buying this system. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mr_mng
Initiate
Initiate

Add me to the list of people who are not happy with motion detection response times. Absolute trash. I regret buying this system. 

Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

Welcome to the Motion Detection is Horrible Battle.........  Netgear just does not get it.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

achc, mr_mng

By design the Arlo cameras when not in use, conserve power by remaining in an energy-saving mode which results in a slight delay for the cameras to wake up. Take a look at the following article for tips on best performance practices: Optimizing motion detection performance on Arlo Wire-Free cameras

achc,

Arlo cameras are designed to have a life expectancy of 4-6 months based on daily usage of 4 minutes per day on the optimized power management settings. Take a look at this article for more information on battery usage: What is the battery life for NETGEAR Arlo wireless cameras and how can I extend their life?

JamesC

mr_mng
Initiate
Initiate

achc,

You can buy the CR123 batteries from batteryjunction.com. They're about $1 a piece, less if you buy more/in bulk.

It seems NETGEAR has an answer or deflection to everything. You guys should have worked out all these kinks before rolling out an inferior product charging people $400+ a pop. Motion detection is motion detection it shouldn't matter what direction the motion originates from! THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF MOTION DETECTION!

I wish Logitech didn't discontinue their Alert series surveillance systems.

/end rant

BrendanR22
Initiate
Initiate

I have had these cameras now for over 6 months.

I agree, they have horrible motion detection and it seems to be getting worse...Definitely regret purchasing them.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BrendanR22,

Due to the many variables in environment, finding the perfect conditions for your Arlo cameras can sometimes require a bit of trial and error. Take a look at this article that provides tips on how to get the best performance out of your cameras: Optimizing motion detection performance on Arlo Wire-Free cameras

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation