Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection Error

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bpatel23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep getting this motion detection error, not sure what is causing that and what it even means.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need details.  What error, when, can you live view and manually record, etc.? Details.

bpatel23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Every time is senses motion, it will detect, record, and messages me via email: "Arlo has just detected motion error"

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's new.  Is there a video in the library?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bpatel23,

Are you able to live stream the camera and produce manual recordings? Also, if you could, please provide a screenshot of the error message.

JamesC

bpatel23
Aspirant
Aspirant

seems like the message error comes only via the text/email and not the app itself.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bpatel23,

It almost sounds like this is the expected motion detection email alert. Within your rules there are two options to alert the user when motion is detected. Push notifications and email alerts, you can enable/disable these within the rules for each of your cameras.

If this is what you are describing, this isn't an error message. It is a motion detection alert indicating your cameras are sensing motion and producing recordings. If you do not want these alerts, they can be disabled. For more information on how to disable the alerts, see here: How do I turn on/off email notifications?

JamesC

bpatel23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your responses. These email/text alerts are happening only when motion is detected which is fine. I am just confused of why it says "motion detection error". Strange why it would send me that message vs. the message I receive via push notification says "motion detected."

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bpatel23,

Do you still receive the email after disabling email alerts? A screenshot to show the exact verbiage of the email would help determine if this is expected behavior or not.

JamesC

bpatel23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Error is just a function of the way the text message comes across through sprint text to email function. The push notification does not show the error. I think everything is working fine. Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation