Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
CristianJP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,  

I'm new to this,  so apologies if this has already been asked.  If so,  maybe someone can point me to the thread. 

I'd like to add the geofence mode to a schedule and not sure if this can be done in the Arlo app or do I have to look at a 3rd party app like IFTTT or Smart Things? 

My scenario is to run the geofence whenever members of my family are "all out" of the house to turn on all cameras. But when we are home,  it runs a timed schedule of selected cameras when we are home.  Eg outside Cam is 24/7, backyard Cam is only at night.

The options when adding to a schedule don't include the geofence mode option,  which would solve this problem for me. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're using reverse logic as to how this would work.  First, set up the schedule the way it would work if everyone was home.  Then set up GF to use the schedule when all are Home and use a specific mode (Armed or your custom mode) when Away.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're using reverse logic as to how this would work.  First, set up the schedule the way it would work if everyone was home.  Then set up GF to use the schedule when all are Home and use a specific mode (Armed or your custom mode) when Away.

CristianJP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. That makes perfect sense. 

Now my issue is the same as that reported elsewhere.  My geofence devices are showing as "unavailable".  Which I'll to the appropriate thread. 

Bobright
Tutor
Tutor

I have done exactly that and GF does not work correctly. Here's my email I just sent to Product Support and I'm waiting to be contacted ( If you can help that would be great):

Running I phone 6 App version 2.4.0. There are two issues both related to Geofencing as follows:

1. The 1st problem is that the Arlo system detects when I leave the Geo Home radius but does not always set the Geofencing Away mode to Armed.

I have the Geofencing mode set so that Away Mode is set to Armed and Home Mode set to Schedule.

If I leave home outside the detection radius I get a message indicating it detected I left the Geo home zone but it does not always change the mode to Armed.

2. If I go to the Arlo App on the iPhone and select Mode it shows both Geo and Schedule mode icons (and of course the current mode) which is correct because I have the Geofencing mode set so that Away Mode is set to Armed and Home Mode set to Schedule.

If I select on Mode and go to edit Geofencing and then Select Mode the Away Mode shows Armed and the Home Mode shows Schedule, which is correct.

However if I select Armed (Away Mode) the next screen shows two Disarmed choices which is incorrect. The 1st one should show Armed and only the 2nd one should be Disarmed. This looks like a software bug. Check it out.

Please advise.
Bob Right
bob.right@comcast.net
203-929-7306

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation