Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
87turbogn
Follower
Follower
Should the man be green all the time or just when it senses motion
6 REPLIES 6
unco
Star
Star

The man should be green when motion detection is active for that particular camera.

Once it senses motion, the flashing red recording icon will show up.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

87turbogn wrote:
Should the man be green all the time or just when it senses motion

The man is GREEN if motion detect is turned on.... if you go to live viewing, the man will temp turn gray ( your overriding ) till done and then go back to green.

If recording motion , the man will be red showing active motion recording going on.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
SeizetheDay
Tutor
Tutor

My motion detection is set to 100% sensitivity. 

All motion is turned to ON. 

However this one camera (in the "Cameras" view), shows the "running man" as YELLOW/AMBER NOT green or grey.  WHat does a yellow running man mean?  The camera picks up hardly any night vision.  MAYBE one clip a night, and we do have a lot of activity out there so I know it is simply not recording it.

Wifi is good.

We have moved this camera, adjusted it, and I am so frustrated with this system!    HELP!  Thank you

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

The amber running man means that recording on that camera is in progress, so it would only be seen for the duration of your programmed recording length after a motion event. Since the maximum recording length triggered from a motion event is 120 seconds, you would not see the runing man icon in amber for more than 120 seconds at a time.

Are you saying that amber color shows permanently? If so, that's not right. Get in touch with support.

Also, note that the colors have changed over the course of various system updates. So, the colors reported in earlier posts in this thread are outdated.

Currently, there are three colors the running man can appear in:

1. Grey: camera is set to not to react to motion.
  2. Black: camera is set to react to motion, but not currently recording.
  3. Amber: camera was triggered by a motion event and is currently recording.

Also, see the How do I interpret the Arlo camera icons? FAQ.

Post an image from your camera, so we can provide better help in positioning and orienting your camera.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A permanent amber running man can also mean that the browser cache needs to be cleared (if using a browser). If using the app, try clearing the cache before doing a rei steal!.

Mongoose1969
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem. I solved it by turning my base station off for about 15 seconds and then turning it back on and letting it reboot. The base station is a small, specialized computer and, like all computers, needs to be rebooted/restarted occassionally.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation