Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Login annoyance - Can't be logged in to website and Android apps concurrently

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AlmightyJon
Guide
Guide

This is a silly problem to have...and sometimes its takes 3 or 4 times to login to the website before it takes and allows me to view my cameras without kicking back to the login screen.

For a $600 kit, users should be able to stay logged in on a mobile device while accessing the web.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's by design and very likely won't be changed.

You can always use Settings, Grant Access to a different email address and use that access on a second device without being logged off the first one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's by design and very likely won't be changed.

You can always use Settings, Grant Access to a different email address and use that access on a second device without being logged off the first one.

AlmightyJon
Guide
Guide

Poor design then, like the cookies that load when I'm logged it to view my cameras that help netgear determine whether their site is functioning well.

Making consumers jump through hoops like this is a pet peeve...and forcing us to help track site uptime @ pingdom.net is right in that same category.

If I am at home on a mobile device, and at my PC trying to test, configure, whatever...1) It should be able to determine I am me - that is what authentication is. 2) If "Smart" enough, determine I am on my local network with both device which is also running a Hub.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation