Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
pnickel
Apprentice
Apprentice

recemtly taking a long time before I can see videos..worked fine a week ago before app updates...checked on both IOS and android..did something change on the server end?  I get notifications for movement, video is set for 20 seconds..but after I receive notice..the library does not update for an extended period of time..it use to update almost REAL time..

10 REPLIES 10
mpho
Tutor
Tutor

It's a server issue. I encountered the delay problem before the App update. Besides the same problem exists when I view in my browser.

pnickel
Apprentice
Apprentice

not getting email alerts either..IF this is a server issue Arlo could at least notify its customers..  This is suppose to be an alarm system..reliability is expected and implied..of the system is not working..at least notify your customers of the risk so we can take action..

Eponym
Tutor
Tutor

Same problems have now surfaced. 

My cameras are armed, I get a push notification via my android app, but no video in the library - or a ridiculously long delay.

I haven't heard anything from ARLO people or system.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Same here.. Pls. fix it Arlo.. 

ArloUser456
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here.  Push notifications arrive, but videos are not recorded.

pnickel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ran a test an hour and a half ago and just now received the email notification and library update with the video..very weird...common ARLO..unacceptable without some type of response or notification of a problem...I'm thankful that I didn't actually NEED the system..

pnickel wrote:

recemtly taking a long time before I can see videos..worked fine a week ago before app updates...checked on both IOS and android..did something change on the server end?  I get notifications for movement, video is set for 20 seconds..but after I receive notice..the library does not update for an extended period of time..it use to update almost REAL time..

Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

ANY RESPONSE ARLO??????????????????

pnickel
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just  ran a test again about an hour ago..got an immediate response on notifications, email, and library update..so it appears the system is working normally now.  There was a response from Nifer on another thread on this forum saying he had just got back from a flight and would look into the issue first thing in the morning..id advise you to submit a case request in ARLO.com.

Slowdiesel
Aspirant
Aspirant

SAME ISSUE!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

As you may have noticed, we are experiencing issues with our cloud servers which may be slowing down reception of alerts and video recordings. Our engineers are working on the situation with urgency and things should be back to normal shortly. In the meantime, we apologize for any downtime you’re experiencing and want to let you know that we are working non-stop to address the issue.

Update:

A fix for this issue has been released and has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop to resolve this. 

Please refer any additional comments on this issue to the following thread: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Email-Alerts-Video-Recordings-Not-Getting-or-Getti...

Thank you,

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation