Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
walshy191
Guide
Guide

I have had Arlo with 5 cameras for over a year now. I'm finding in the last few weeks I am receiving notifications of recordings on my Iphone, I then go to view the recording and it is not in my Library. It will sometimes take up to 30 minutes to show up in the Library. This used to be done instantaneous once the recording was finished. I'm experiencing this in both the Iphone App as well as on the Arlo website. My wife is experiencing the same issue. This is obviously quite frustrating since my Cameras are going off at my home when I am away and I can't view why. Someone could break into my house while I'm at work and I have no way of knowing since I have to wait for the video to upload into my library.This issue is defeating the purpose of why I bought the Arlo camera system in the first place.

I think I may share the sentiment of others by expressing the frustrations of the major upgrade that took place 2 months ago. Seemed to work much better beforehand. It seems as though the upgrade was made to accommodate the new Q camera, this is not fair to all your other customers. 

36 REPLIES 36
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
FYI: Arlo wireless cams are not meant to be a 24hr survillence system, only a security notifier--
Here's the settings I'm using:
1.20 to 25 sec's recording time--sensitivity set between 70 to 85..
2.video set to Optimize for quality & battery life..
3.Push notfication:on
Just enable: email notfication since the issue with lag of video records to app library..
4.I have set the scheduler to turn cams on at 10p-6a with night time mode all cams on at 85 sensitivy and daytime mode kicks on at 6a-9a at 75 senstiviy--after 9a I manual turn on cams when needed--I have my other plugged in/powered outlet 2way audio HD cams doing 24hr survillence..
5.I also have a Windy mode set to 70 senstivy so cams don't record trees moving etc..try not to face cams toward a busy street unless u don't mind using batteries up sooner then the 4 to 6mnths..
6.I get about 5 to 8 videos Per day with these's setting on high traffic cams and so far batteries stay at a full level..
7.when I view live video I only do it for 5 to 10 sec's at a time about 5 to 8 times a day--Night vision works good..random..
8.I'm confident with these settings u can get 6mnths or longer with the Duracell batteries which local with price matching I can get 4 duracell 3v cr123 for $15 after taxes..
Hopefully this helps and not to much info..
AveBreuxhouse
Guide
Guide
Thanks very much Mark! I did some research on the community forum before making a purchase so I knew arlo was security and not surveillance which is fine by me and I will take your advice good sir. If I can get my batteries to last 4-6 months I will be a happy camper.
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
Great..I did forget to mention, try to keep wireless signal strength to all 3 bars so when opening up the app it will do so quicker and use less battery power..
My base station is in a central location and the futherest cam is about 100ft..
Geoff
Luminary
Luminary

There is another post on the go regarding 'missing videos'.

This problem maybe related.

Apparently engineers are working on it............but they have been for the past month.

Strange no Netgear mod has posted!!

AveBreuxhouse
Guide
Guide
My home is only 954 sq. Ft and I have the hub pretty central. My only obstacle is my carport which is industrial gauge metal. The camera seems to flux between 2 and 3 bars. May try to reposition it for a more stable signal.
walshy191
Guide
Guide

So far today it seems to be running much better. I'm getting the videos in my library instantaneous. Hopefully they fixed the problem. Hope everyone else is having the same luck.

AveBreuxhouse
Guide
Guide
Good to hear walshy!
Wndystv
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is up and running happened sometime overnight !! I just have to get batteries now with all the long videos it was recording my battery life is half
AveBreuxhouse
Guide
Guide
Mine too! One cam is still full but the other one that took 3 videos at 5, 6, and 8 mins along with IR stuck on for 30 mins is at half after just 4 hours. Luckily I ordered a 12 pk of surefires along with the system.
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just got this email from Arlo:
Dear Arlo Customers,
Arlo was experiencing unexpected issues with our cloud servers which slowed the delivery of alerts and video recording for some of our customers. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused.
Because these alerts are critical to our customers, we deployed an immediate solution yesterday (2/18) to timely deliver your alerts and recordings. As several of you noticed, this has significantly improved Arlo performance. However, a side effect you may currently experience is the alert counter on the camera screen disabled and set to 0. Resolving this counter issue and further optimizing Arlo performance is our number one priority at this time and Arlo engineers are working non-stop on this.

Please visit Arlo Community for the latest updates.

Thank you for your patience,

Arlo Team.
silversaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

back to normal, great!

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
Everything is working faster with video recording to the cloud,Accessing cams and live feed..App is still showing 0 on icon for video recordings for the cams,but recordings are there--plus netgear is aware of the issue and is working on it...Great job
NETGEAR...👍😄
Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation