Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
walshy191
Guide
Guide

I have had Arlo with 5 cameras for over a year now. I'm finding in the last few weeks I am receiving notifications of recordings on my Iphone, I then go to view the recording and it is not in my Library. It will sometimes take up to 30 minutes to show up in the Library. This used to be done instantaneous once the recording was finished. I'm experiencing this in both the Iphone App as well as on the Arlo website. My wife is experiencing the same issue. This is obviously quite frustrating since my Cameras are going off at my home when I am away and I can't view why. Someone could break into my house while I'm at work and I have no way of knowing since I have to wait for the video to upload into my library.This issue is defeating the purpose of why I bought the Arlo camera system in the first place.

I think I may share the sentiment of others by expressing the frustrations of the major upgrade that took place 2 months ago. Seemed to work much better beforehand. It seems as though the upgrade was made to accommodate the new Q camera, this is not fair to all your other customers. 

36 REPLIES 36
silversaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since the last update, the iOS app has very slow response. I'm not sure what update it does, but it is worse than ever

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Which notifications are you receiving? Push notifications or email notifications?

If email notifications, when you click on the link in the email, can you see the video clips then, circumventing going into your library?

If you don't have email notifications enabled, consider doing so and see if you are able to view videos using the links in the notifications.

Finally, consider rebooting your base station. There was a recent app update that caused some erratic behavior unless the base station was rebooted.
silversaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have both email and push. I'm using the iPhone 6S+ to view the video and the video has long delay after notification.

I'll try to reboot the base station and see what happen. Does the reboot simplly unplg and replug the power?

walshy191
Guide
Guide

I'll try the reboot as well. I definately don't want the notifcations going to my email. I'd get 50+ emails a day.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

silversaver wrote:
Does the reboot simplly unplg and replug the power?

That's one option, though base station reset from the app or browser is easier. Or press the reset button.

Ghostbuster
Star
Star

Rebooting the system does not fix the problem. There is at least a 2 hr delay before the video appears in the library and an email is received. This has been an ongoing issue that has only gotten worse. To add insult to injury, more problems are showing up as well. 

Motion detection recording is triggered when opening the app.

The app crashes at least twice a day.

I reboot the system because live camera viewing doesn't work.

Videos, when they do show up, have recorded over the allotted 30 second time. Up to 9 minutes and at least 60 seconds...and there is no motion to trigger it.

There is at least a 2 hr delay in videos showing up in the library. The outage used to occur daily between noon and 3pm. Now the outage is all day long.

There are also several videos that never appear.

The error is in the software and no matter how many times we reboot the system it won't fix the problem. 

silversaver
Aspirant
Aspirant

negative!

Reboot device with iOS App does nothing. It show the notification but cannot view the video.... very long delay....30 min+

how could a working app turn into this?

Texasmorrell
Tutor
Tutor

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I thought maybe it was the camera so I tested the other cameras and got the same thing. 30 minutes or more for videos to show up in the library. I called Arlo and reported the problem. They said  they would get back to me. Very frustrating. 

P_J
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing this same issue but normally during the hours of 12 PM (PST) through about  4 PM. I have the email and push notifications activated but it doesn't hit the email until several hours later and then all kind of pictures and email alerts get delivered. Has happened everyday this week, have reset the base, synced the cameras. Very disappointing that you get a notification but can't review it for several hours. Arlo needs to understand that when you buy a 4 or 5 camera system at 500-600 dollars this type of service is unacceptable. Will probably return it by the end of the week if it keeps up.

walshy191
Guide
Guide
So I rebooted and it seems to be worse. It's been over an hour since I purposely set off my cameras. I immediately received the notifications on my IPhone that a recording was taking place but the recordings are still not in my library. It's been an hour and 15 mins to be exact. This is very disappointing....I spent way too much money on this system to be dealing with software glitches, considering I have had these cameras for over a year and had no problems until their big update a few months back.
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Yup it hit me too. Same exact as above. Triggered motion event, got push notification, but no email notification and no video in library.

Been relatively unfazed since December.

I'm pretty patient and will probably just wait it out and see what happens.

Just wonder what the cause is.

- Did they mess up the system update from last week? But then why did it take a week to manifest? At least for me.

- Is there a problem with the cloud that Amazon runs? But you'd think Amazon Web Services would be beefy and scalable enough that nothing can bring it to its knees whatever you throw at it in server requests. So, has Arlo usership (I hope that's a word) reached a critical mass that overwhelms the server(s)?

This is certainly a critical time for the Arlo team. They should fess up and give their users some detailed information about what's going on. What they are doing to fix it and how long it will take. They need to communicate to the users soon. If they keep mum, they'll cause a lot of damage to their reputation and lose customers fast.
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue with me. I have two base stations in two different states. One has 2 cameras. The other has 6 cameras. Both are having the same issue with hours delay in video getting into.library. Netgear is probably aware of ot, bit they do a terrible job keeping customers informed of known issues and expected resolution tell. I know they read these posts.
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm also having the same issue with lag time on receiving recorded videos from the cloud to library...this started happen after the last update that netgear did on the app,version 2.02 on 2.16.16...I bought my unit back in Dec 2015...I will say the older app work better then this new one the updated to this year/2016...good thing the arlo system is just an addition to my existing security cameras...I still hope Netgear gets this fix...the older app would pull up recordings within sec's and refresh what you just looked at on home screen of app instantly....one of the other glitches I have noticed now is I'll get another notification of motion detected (when there is no motion)when the video recording comes in on my library from the previous notification from an hour early...Come on Netgear lets get this FIXED....I known this is more the likely growing pains from the sucess of this unit been so popular the last 3mnths...
Wndystv
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem . I receive the push notifications but no video in the library. When it does come through about an hour later it is almost a 9 minute video !
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm not having that issue with 9min video,thats definitely odd...when the max recording time allowed is 2mins..I have faith Netgear will fix issue soon and since I know how the system can work since I was able to use the older app last year, I know the potential of how great the system had work before the new app came out this year/2016..I have confidence in the product for that reason...with that being said,if I had just bought the system within the last mnth or so I would not have that kind of confidence and more than likely would return the system..
Wndystv
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought mine in December and has worked fine until yesterday and now I just received a 5 minute video .i do hope they get this corrected
AveBreuxhouse
Guide
Guide

Just got my system today and thats my big issue.  I get my recordings 1.5-2 hours later. some are 5,6, or 8 mins long. the nighttime lights go on and off probably because it isn't supposed to record for 10 mins.  The batteries are draining down in just one day.  This is not a fun experience.

AveBreuxhouse
Guide
Guide

Its actually a really crappy experience since im currently trying to learn the ins and outs of how this system is supposed to work.  Im dissapointed because i really want to like this little system. Maybe, tomorrow the Netgear team will fix this up and get the product working again.  It will definately give me confidence enough to keep Arlo.

AveBreuxhouse
Guide
Guide
Just got my 8:30 recording at 9:30. Luckily it was a 10 sec. clip but I got the recording via email. It still has not uploaded to the library.
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
Like I said early,The system definitely worked great the last 3mnth for me until the app update they did this year which change the look of the app and when these's major issue's started happen...hopefully you can hang on until they fix which I think is a app/software/firmware issue..when I bought mine it was the 3 camera set, and I was so impress with how they worked I bought 2 more cams that gives me a total of 5...
I bet the lag as to do with the 5 to 9 mins recording that some many people having been experiencing, too much for server to handle at once and more the likely not design to do so..I'm not having that issue with long recordings..
AveBreuxhouse
Guide
Guide
Mark, I just rearmed my cameras and the problem is fixed for now at least. The IR lights acted appropriately and I received 10 sec. Videos and my email and library clips came in lightning fast. If they keep arlo like what I just experienced, she's a keeper. I got a big box of surefire batteries coming this way too. Now I'm excited.
AveBreuxhouse
Guide
Guide
If arlo stays reliable I'll grab another cam and the q for inside.
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
Great...it did sound like your camera's and base station may have been doing a firmware update since you just bought the unit..I perfer the Duracell batteries...I have done some personal test and they work better/last longer then the engerzies,panasonic and surefires... Let me know how surefire batteries work for you..
AveBreuxhouse
Guide
Guide
Thanks Mark I will do and if they aren't that great I'll take your word for it and get the Duracell. That's my go to battery for everything else.
Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation