Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
AntonioG
Guide
Guide

just for some cameras not for all my cameras connected to the station?
I have arlo pro with a android system

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AntonioG

Within Geofencing settings, set "Away" to the default "Armed" mode and "Home" to a custom mode that has rules for all cameras to trigger on motion except the inside camera.

This results in all cameras recording motion (including the inside camera) when you are "Away" and when you are "Home", all cameras except the one with no rules (inside camera) will record on motion.

I hope this helps.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, by creating a custom mode with only the cameras needed.....in geozone

Of course any cameras not in the active mode is off.

OR... if you use a second base, you could run two separate modes at the same time with only one base on Geozone

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
AntonioG
Guide
Guide
But how do you add geofencing to the new custom mode?
I added a new mode and it doesn't show me any options to add geofencing to it, and if I go to existing geofencing and try to modify it doesn't let me select the cameras I want to use in this mode
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry , maybe wasn't clear

It's the other way around, you pick the Mode to use in Geozone

In android... you pick Geozone to edit

on next screen AWAY MODE usu is Armed, but if you tap that line, you can pick any of the modes you have.

Pick your custom mode, click done

It goes back to previous page, SAVE

Now you AWAY MODE is a custom mode

remember , any cameras NOT in the active/custom mode are off

Schedule and Geozone aren't really modes, but sub routines that turn on/off modes you have ( be default or custom )

AntonioG
Guide
Guide
Now I get, thank you very much... Now let me explain what I'm trying to do, I have 3 cameras outside around the house and one inside the house pointing at the main door. I would like to have the one inside to be on Geofencing and the other 3 armed all the time. Is this possible?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It would be real easy with a second base unit  🙂

I'll have to think on this one... most things but not all are possible

Quickly tho,  it is easily done with 2 custom modes tho it would be manual... let the geo sink in here as I don't use it alot.  ( maybe others do and will help )

AntonioG
Guide
Guide
Thank you
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AntonioG

Within Geofencing settings, set "Away" to the default "Armed" mode and "Home" to a custom mode that has rules for all cameras to trigger on motion except the inside camera.

This results in all cameras recording motion (including the inside camera) when you are "Away" and when you are "Home", all cameras except the one with no rules (inside camera) will record on motion.

I hope this helps.

JamesC

AntonioG
Guide
Guide
You are a genius! You are right, I didn't know you can change to a custom mode when "Home"
Everything is set, now I'm I'll be testing the motion sensors when nobody home, just the dogs; but it seems like I'm set
Thank you TomMac and JamesC for helping me clear my mind and think outside the box
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation