Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is it possible to arm only one of our 3 cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
anken
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, we are very happy with our Arlo Cams. 

We have 3 of them and at times we would only like to activate one of the cameras. Is this possible?

Maybe I have missed it in the instructions.

Thank you in advance for any replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anken
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your detailed instructions.  I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to reply sooner...

I will try it tomorrow, but it looks very easy to follow.  Thanks again!!  Ann

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes.  You just need to vreate whatever new modes with rules that only include certain cameras. So, for that one camera, create a mode (let's call it CamA) and follow the bouncing ball through the configuration.  Choose the camera you want to be activated and make any settings you like.  Be sure to save it.  You should now see it in the mode list along with Armed, Disarmed and Schedule.  Select it and only that one camera will be active.  Create whatever other modes with appropriate rules to use at other times.  If you want more than one camera in that mode, re-edit the mode once created and add additional cameras and settings.  Again, be sure to save.  Now you can choose whatever mode you want active and also be able to use the Schedule to do this automatically in desired.

anken
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much for your detailed instructions.  I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to reply sooner...

I will try it tomorrow, but it looks very easy to follow.  Thanks again!!  Ann

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation