Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
julieh
Tutor
Tutor

Installed last night, moton was picked up and recording.  Did several tests for each camera.

Today the cameras won't load on the app. When trying to view live on the website it says "there was a problem establishing a connection with the server".  We have google fiber, it's amazing, it's working properly, I know it's not our wireless connection.

We are receiving alerts from the app and through email that motion is detected, but there is no video available to view in the library.

Rebooted the hub. Wondering if this is typical and if I should just pack it up and return. We based our purchase on all of the positive reviews.

Version 1.4.2627

19 REPLIES 19
julieh
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you - so a lot of people are having the same problem.

Is arlo fairly quick with fixing issues like this?  Trying to determine if it's worth waiting.  Teens are on their first day of summer break and we really need something to monitor their activity coming and going.

Turbo14
Star
Star

I don't have anything to add except that I am in the same exact boat.  I just got the system and it was great, briefly.  I really need this (or something else) to work very soon.  I am also trying to decide if I should return this while I can still get my money back.  I am hoping there is a quick fix.  And I too have to worry about the kids and summer break...

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Arlo Community,

Thank you for all of your contributions regarding this issue. We have identified a newly added server that appears to be experiencing unforeseen issues that has been taken offline for further investigation. We believe this has been the primary cause of users getting the errors of "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server".

This issue should now be resolved. Please let us know if that is not the case for your system so we can work with you directly and engage our engineering team for further investigation.

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding in resolving this issue.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Turbo14
Star
Star

Christine,

Thanks for the update.  I haven't had a problem with that specific error.  What about the issue of receiving motion notifications, but not having any recordings added to the library?  Are they related?  Thanks.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Turbo14,

It's possible. We are still doing root cause analysis for the errors reported so I will know more once the analysis has been completed. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, would you mind sending me a personal message with your contact information and I will contact you promptly! We are eager to understand what additional symptoms are occurring so that we can get them correctly as soon as possible.

Thank you for your great question!

Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
julieh
Tutor
Tutor
It's been working great the last few hours! Thank you
2320Chester
Tutor
Tutor

Yesterday motion detectionwas working fine.  I looked this AM and found that nothing was recorded since 2100 hrs last night.  I live iin a condo building where there is activity all day and night,

I checked the web site and found that the Running Man is gray on both cameras.  I checked;

Mode: All motion on

Rules: Green pencils, etc.

Camera Settings: Optimized

About: Version 1.9.0rc8.659_9183. 

I am using a PC Win 8.1 with IE 11.0.19 and Firefox 38.0.1

Nothing has been changed except that Arlo seems to have decided not to detect motion.

Do I need to find another solution for security surveillance?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what your About version is - iPhone/Pad? I have no such version although the Android app is close.

I note that my base station seems to indicate that it's a second hardware revision (ends in "r2"). I wonder if older revisions are the ones with problems?

2320Chester
Tutor
Tutor

My equipment is brand new, just out ofthe box 2 days ago.  So far, a new odd problem pops up every day.

HW Version: VMB3010r2
FW Version: 1.4.2627
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

2320Chester wrote:

My equipment is brand new, just out ofthe box 2 days ago.  So far, a new odd problem pops up every day.

HW Version: VMB3010r2
FW Version: 1.4.2627

That is a fairly new base version ( I have v 1.4.2695 ). It was the previous one ... not sure if the one I have is a full release this week as it wasn't last week ( it was a pre-release to limited users for testing )

But also don't forget the camera have s/w update versions too.

make sure the auto update is toggled on in the settings, rebbot the base via the power button... If there is an update it may update the base then...many times the cameras will update during the night as the servers do house-keeping.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
2320Chester
Tutor
Tutor

I've turned the base unit off/on.  I've left it unplugged from A/C power for hours.  I've left it on all night.  Same with the cams.  Left them alone, also removed batteries for hours.

This system is still too flakey. Its not yet ready for prime time.  Maybe it should be sold a a beta (maybe alpha) release.  Also, Netgear Tech Support seems to be invisible.

-- --- .-. ... . / .. ... / ..-. .- ... - . .-. / - .... .- -. / - . -..- - .. -. --.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you initiated a trouble ticket? The forums aren't the best way to track problems - they are just a bunch of users with an occasional appearance of an employee.

Staceys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

I installed this system today and although it was recording fine and giving live views for around 7 hours today, it suddenly stopped live viewing and gives the message that no internet connection is present.  This is not the case, so I'm hoping you can help me sort this out as I've only had the CCTV for less than 12 hours before encountering this problem.

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Staceys,

Have you tried to restart your base station? You could do this via WebUI or Arlo App as well physically powering it down. This option within the WebUI and Arlo App is located under Settings > Base Station Settings > Restart. You will not lose any settings or lose the cameras that are synced to the base station.

You want to ensure that your BS and camera(s) are up to date with their firmware versions. As long as Auto-Update is enabled under your Base Station Settings your system will search for any updates over the network and update your system from 3AM-5AM local time where your base station is located.

These are the current firmware for Arlo:

Base Station: 1.4.2695

Camera: 1.2.2688

I'm looking forward to your response.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Wizie
Aspirant
Aspirant

System was putting files into the library at first, now have not had any files stored for two days.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you live view or trigger the camera's motion detection yourself? Are the running men in the Cameras view green?

Wizie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, can live view.

Can not trigger motion from live view.

No, running man is greyed out.

Have set all cameras to motion detection on and disabled schedule.

Reset base station and found on filter screen that two cameras were not checked.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the "running man" is GRAY, your motion detection is OFF.   The men must be GREEN to show it is ON

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation