Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have 4 cameras......2 are inside cameras that i do not want motion on...

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
tjohnson147
Star
Star

I have 4 cameras......2 are inside cameras that i do not want motion on , i looked at the community answers and tried everything...the two cameras i have outside are in motion (thats what I want them to do) how do i turn off the cameras inside motion off. Its running the batteries down fast cause everytime we pass in front of it ...it begins recording. I just want the two cameras inside to stop motion (not go off to where i cant log in and see real time) .....

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need to create your own mode with appropriate rules to do this.  Go to thew Mode tab, select your base station and use the Add a mode button at the bottom. Follow the bouncing ball, selecting a camera that will be activated and whatever settings you choose.  Save.  Reedit that mode and add a new rule for a second camera, making similar settings.  Save.  Continue until any cameras that you want active are set up - if a camera doesn't have a rule, it will be disarmed.  Once done, select that mode to be active or set a schedule as you desire.

tjohnson147
Star
Star

u said log into mode and follow bouncing ball....there is no bouncing ball....it only has a thing that says name and a space to type something in....? Do i need to up date the arlo app on laptop or something?

LifeIncome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doing as you suggest would one still be able to live view via ones smartphone the non-motion activated arlo's in the house?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

tjohnson147 wrote:

u said log into mode and follow bouncing ball....there is no bouncing ball....it only has a thing that says name and a space to type something in....? Do i need to up date the arlo app on laptop or something?

The "bouncing ball" is a euphemism based on the old Mitch Miller TV show where a bouncing ball lead you through song lyrics.  There is no literal ball.

Once you're in the Mode tab, click on your base station.  That brings you to a screen where existing modes (likely just Armed and Disarmed) and the schedule are displayed.  Go forth and conquer.

And there is no app for a computer - it's just the web page.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

LifeIncome wrote:

Doing as you suggest would one still be able to live view via ones smartphone the non-motion activated arlo's in the house?

Absolutely.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation