Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro, or Arlo Go cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Kb513
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I move the camera (as in carry it around) it will detect motion close up and send me alerts but with it mounted at just over 7 feet it will not detect motion nor will it let me run the test for detecting motion. It says "enabling test mode" but the wheel never stops spinning.  If I put it on a table it detects the motion as I exit the field of view. 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try resetting the system by removing g all devices in Settings, My Devices. Open and close the battery doors. Use Add Device in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the camera. Did that help?
manfredz
Hero
Hero

when you have it mounted any chance its far enough/ and or has walls between the cam and your wireless router that the signal is weak?

Kb513
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am mounting it above a doorway about 15 feet from the router. The "wall" it is on is only drywall. Even if I put it on the tv stand in direct siteline of the router the same thing happens. My app shows the signal to the camera is strong and that the motion detection is on.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

well that rules that out.

Kb513
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for trying!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem to be a bad camera. Open a case with support.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation