Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Dich
Guide
Guide
I have noticed that the Arlo application has no way of temporarily suspending a schedule. Supposedly if you go to Mode and select a base station, you should be able to suspend the schedule by sliding the Schedule button. Well, that does not work. It doesn't matter if I use the PC or mobile interface, they both react the same way.
Anyone out there having the same problem? Am I the only one that has a need to use this option?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I also use the schedule. If I want to turn all cameras off I just go to the mode, select all cameras off and this turns everything off including the schedule. The interface could use some tweaking which I am sure they are working on but overall it's pretty good and gives you a lot of flexibility.

Thats the way it;s supposed to work... If you turn on a MODE, all other cameras not included in the mode should turn off. It allows as you say good flexibility.

exp;  Mode A = Cam1 ON     ,   Mode B = CAM2&3 ON

If in Mode B ( 2&3 on ) and then set Mode A, then 1 turns ON AND 2&3 turn OFF

Everyone will have ALL ON and ALL OFF, it's just a matter of deciding which other cameras you want on alone  or on together in groups

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired
Hi Dich,

What happens when you slide the schedule button off? Does the switch never reflect 'off'? Could you post a screenshot?

Currently, turning off the schedule maintains the Mode the system is at prior to turning off schedule.

Assuming your modes - Mode1 and Mode2.
Your schedule is enabled and currently set to Mode2 based on your schedule configuration,.
If you turn off schedule, Mode2 persists. You have to manually change to Mode1 if you want it so.

Dich
Guide
Guide

When I click on the "Schdule Off" button, it does reflect off (gray). I did notice that the system does maintain the last active Mode. I figured that if you turn OFF the Schedule it would turn OFF the schedule, Basically I was looking for a way to temporarily deactivate all cameras in one shot without having to overwrite the Schedule..

My work around is to disable the cammeras in the Mode that is active. Not very intuitive interface.

4vrnvr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dich wrote:

When I click on the "Schdule Off" button, it does reflect off (gray). I did notice that the system does maintain the last active Mode. I figured that if you turn OFF the Schedule it would turn OFF the schedule, Basically I was looking for a way to temporarily deactivate all cameras in one shot without having to overwrite the Schedule..

My work around is to disable the cammeras in the Mode that is active. Not very intuitive interface.

I have 5 cameras. I created multiple modes, on with motion detection for each camera, one with all cameras on, one with all cameras off.

I also use the schedule. If I want to turn all cameras off I just go to the mode, select all cameras off and this turns everything off including the schedule. The interface could use some tweaking which I am sure they are working on but overall it's pretty good and gives you a lot of flexibility.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thats the way it;s supposed to work... If you turn on a MODE, all other cameras not included in the mode should turn off. It allows as you say good flexibility.

exp;  Mode A = Cam1 ON     ,   Mode B = CAM2&3 ON

If in Mode B ( 2&3 on ) and then set Mode A, then 1 turns ON AND 2&3 turn OFF

Everyone will have ALL ON and ALL OFF, it's just a matter of deciding which other cameras you want on alone  or on together in groups

ah1gpilot
Tutor
Tutor

I do not have a mode 1 or 2  What is up.

On my schedule page I have a button    +Motion On) and that is it.  Moving that tab does nothing Ready to visit the trash.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The two Default modes when started are ALL MOTION ON and ALL MOTION OFF ( or similar named )

If you are some how missing or deleted all OFF, it's easy to replace it.

Goto settings, got to MODES and on the right side click ADD

Label the new mode ALL OFF or what you like.

Make sure ALL the cameras listed have a BLACK check mark at the end of line ( meaning they are not functional in this mode )

Save and exit... the new mode should now be usable and on the schedule top too.

ah1gpilot
Tutor
Tutor

Me either and I am tired of these half aNSWERS OR NO ANSWERS LIKE i RESOLVED IT. period.  i DO NOT HAVE SELECTOR SWITCHES.  oN MY pc i CANNOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO THE SCHEDULE FOR RECORDING MOTION.  oN MY PHONE i CAN CHANGE THE TIMES BUT THEY CHANGE RIGHT BACK AND i CAN ONLY SET ONE BLOCK OF TIME FFOR A DAY.  iS THERE ANYWAY TO FIND DETAILED SETRUP INSTRUCTIONS?  i HAVE NOT FOUND ANY BUT i HAVE READ ABOUT SWITCHES AND THINGS THAT DO NOT SHOW UP ON MY pc OR aPPLE pHONE.

I keep getting messages from the home page that my email address is no good even though they keep sending me messages at it.  Well I use to get detection notices then that quit.  Pretty fed up with an expensive unit.

APPRECIATE you help.

ah1gpilot
Tutor
Tutor

THANK YOU..  Just really frustrated trying to find answers for several hours.  No definate directions of table of various sections dedicated to schedule etc.  Thank you again.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation