Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I turn off Notifications by email AND SMS

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
winnexmarcus
Follower
Follower

Every time I get a notification, it comes via SMS AND email to my iPhone. How can I select just one method. Checked everywhere on Settings and was not able to do it. Help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

winnexmarcus,

You can adjust email alerts/push notifications within the rules for each of your cameras. For step by step instructions on how to do this, see here: How do I turn on/off email notifications?

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

winnexmarcus,

You can adjust email alerts/push notifications within the rules for each of your cameras. For step by step instructions on how to do this, see here: How do I turn on/off email notifications?

JamesC

Treaun
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem.  However, I do not have an Edit button for Step 4, this, can't disable/enable notifications.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The directions are old and don't reflect the current state of the interface.  Go to the Mode tab, click on your base and edit any modes you want.  Edit the rules using the pencil or > (whichever is displayed) and turn any notifications on or off.  Be sure to save as you back out.

Treaun
Tutor
Tutor
Notifications section is not available in the Edit mode. It only has the option to record the video for the camera. Looks like a programming whoops! I can send screenshots if needed.
Treaun
Tutor
Tutor

Just logged in to website and was able to make notification changes there.

jlmagic
Initiate
Initiate

I was using Geofencing mode and couldn't find the checkbox mentioned in the answer. Selected "Armed" mode and was able to turn off the alerts. Since Geofencing is still in Beta I'm guessing that feature is coming? At any rate, I'm not thrilled to turn off the Geofencing but I guess we'll just use another mode for now. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

GF isn't a mode nor is the schedule - Armed is.  That's why you turned notifications off there.  Creating your own custom modes would do the same thing.

jlmagic
Initiate
Initiate

Hmm, that's confusing because when I select Mode, then select my device, the options are: 

• Armed
  • Disarmed
  • Schedule
  • Geofencing

I had Geofencing selected, and I think what you're saying is that I needed to select the Edit pencil beside Armed, deselect the notifications in that mode, but keep the green selection dot beside Geofencing. That will keep my Geofencing active but change the notifications that are sent when Geofencing mode arms my device. Is that correct? 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation