Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How do I disconnect the motion detector?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gayethomas37064
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the camera up for 3 weeks and used 70% of the power.  I turned the motion dectector off in the MODE, but images are still appearing in the Library.  I desperately need to cut power consumption since I live 5 hours away from the cameras.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean that you selected the Disarmed mode in the Mode tab? Are the running men for each camera in the Cameras tab black or gray? Gray mean disarmed, black means a mode has been selected that arms the camera.

Gayethomas37064
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, on my phone, in Mode 'Disarmed' is green and 'Armed' is grey.  Is that sufficient?  No figures of men.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Gayethomas37064 wrote:

Yes, on my phone, in Mode 'Disarmed' is green and 'Armed' is grey.  Is that sufficient?  No figures of men.

If you DISARMED the cameras via Mode setting, and still getting recordings, Obv something isn't 100%.

You can toggle the MODE to ARMED and then AGAIN  turn off by DISARMed to make sure the base took the command.

If it continues, you may have to REBOOT the base. This is in SETTINGS under your Arlo Base... RESTART button.

( this does a basic reboot of the base, takes about 1-2 mins to come back up )

There's not much else you can do remotely

BTW< the "running man" referred top above are seen on the CAMERA page at top left of each camera... Black means active (on), grayed is off

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation