Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I create a still picture from the video?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
groworganic
Tutor
Tutor

Is anyone else having this issue or is it just my browers/computer? I can't seem to stop the playback at a point in the video to properly see what's going on. The timeline slider is very awkward as it doesn't work as expected and there's no rewind or frame by frame option either in the interface or with shortcut keys. If I were able to stop the video at a specfic frame, I would be able to see who was in my house. Because I can't stop it at the right point, it's almost impossinble to get a clear shot. This seems like a simple fix as media players have been around for decade with this features. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no pause or stop button in the browser viewer but you can simply click in the video to pause and restart.

groworganic
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, I get that you can stop and replay the video, but it's not a good solution. Try and get to a specific frame, say one with a good shot of a person's face. It's almost impossible. Every video player on the market for the last decade has had the ability to move the slider frame by frame. This needs to be added if arlo wants to be considered a "security camera."

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That capability isn't available from Arlo. However, there's any number of video editors that allow capture of frames, some free, some paid. I use AVS4YOU (just a customer) but I think Windows Live Movie Maker may support that, too. Can't tell you about Mac software. Download the video and do anything you want.

Worst case you could pause the full screen video and get a screenshot.

groworganic
Tutor
Tutor

Great point, didn't think about downloading it and using a differnt player. Wish Netgear would have a player that had these features, but this is a good backup solution. I just used Power Media Player and it worked well. Thanks for the help!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation