Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How To Adjust Camera Motion Sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
OzzzieMike
Guide
Guide

I'm getting way too many false alerts on one of my Arlo cameras.  (I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I have 3 Arlo cameras and one Arlo Pro camera...it's the Arlo Pro camera I have a problem with).

So I looked here for how to adjust the motion sensitivity, and can't get past Step 2!  The instructions say to go into the app, tap Mode, select the device, and adjust it from there.

My problem is that when I tap on the Mode icon, I only see one device...the Arlo hub.  None of the cameras are listed on this screen.

Am I missing something, or is there no way to reduce the false alerts for this camera?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

tap on the Arlo hub, the modes should appear on the right

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TikiDru
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you are using the app, go into mode.  As you said, you will only see your base station, not the cameras.  It should be checked for “Armed”.  There should be a pencil (edit) to the right of armed.  Click in this, and it will open up your rules.  The rules should say something like “record motion on camera 1”, and each rule should have a pencil by it.  Click in the pencil by the rule, and it will open up to “motion is detected” with yet another pencil.  Click on this one, and you can set the sensitivity here.  Be sure to click save when you are done.

btw, this is the same process for recording on noises too. 

Peo1968
Aspirant
Aspirant

High percentage means high sensitivity or?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation