Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Lodan2
Tutor
Tutor

A few weeks ago when I went to log on to Arlo on my android phone, I got a message saying an update was available / also not compatible with my phone so is declined the update.....everything worked fine.  i logged in today, and the update message is gone, but i am getting a message saying ' You are not connected to the internet.  Please check your connection"

If I log on using my laptop, everything works fine.  All equipment is up and running, all connections are good.

Did my phone update itself, and if so, can i take it back to an earlier version that will let my phone work?

Thanks!!

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lodan2,

What android device/OS version are you using? Also what version of the app are you running?

You can check your app version by logging in to your Arlo mobile app, navigate to Settings > About > Version.

You might also try a base station reboot (use the power on/off button on the back of the base) and/or a reinstall of the Arlo mobile app.

JamesC

jontemp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. Alro was working fine for over 1 year until last week, when it says "you are not connected to the internet...".

I'm using Android 4.0.4. When trying to download new app version, it says my phone is not compatible ?!

I don't want to buy new phone just to make ARLO work.

Any advice?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jontemp,

Do you see the same error you describe above when viewing your cameras from a web browser on a PC/laptop?

The Arlo mobile app requires Android 4.1 or higher to operate. This could be why you are getting the error when viewing from your mobile device.

JamesC

Lodan2
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC wrote:

jontemp,

Do you see the same error you describe above when viewing your cameras from a web browser on a PC/laptop?

The Arlo mobile app requires Android 4.1 or higher to operate. This could be why you are getting the error when viewing from your mobile device.

JamesC

My laptop & desktop PC's work fine with arlo.  My phone is android 4.0?? and worked fine prior to the update in question,  How hard can it be for Netgear to make earlier versions of the APP available for those of us that get left behind due to the updates?  My Arlo system is useless to me without the ability to view activity on my phone.  Make it work, or give me my money back!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You won't find any company that will support older devices and OSes forever.  You have to make a choice here:

- Use a newer phone with newer OS.

- Root your phone and install a custom ROM (I use Cyanogenmod 13 on my old Galaxy Nexus which stopped at Android 4.1).

- Use the browser on your  phone - be sure to set the browser to use the desktop version so you don't get the infamous "install the app" page.

- Search the Internet for an old Arlo package that you manually install.  I've used apkpure.com but you may run into the issue of unsafe software so the onus is on your anus to be safe. There's a possibility a user here has the previous apk file but this runs into the same safety issue.

jontemp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestions. I really don’t want to brick my phone.

I tried older package, but it didn’t work. Netgear must have upgraded the base station or something.

We all know that technical support is major problem for most Hi Tech companies.

When I bought Arlo it worked, now it doesn’t. Not because I did something wrong.

Camera is a nothing if you project what’s coming in few years.

I fear the time when my garage opener fails, my car stops in middle of Death Valley or the refrigerator quits.

Who will be responsible then?

IOT is coming fast..

Gw0jcb
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why can't someone actually answer this question without questions? Can we get an older version

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not officially.  A newer version replaces the older one.  There are a few options such as downloading from an Internet site (always risky) or finding someone who has the older version backed up (also risky).  There are few, if any, real reasons for backdating.  Perhaps telling us what the problem is would be a good start.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation