Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Homescreen current snapshots

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Indee
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I open the app and view the home screen, it would be nice for the camera views to update their images with a current picture. It is not helpful to have to view an hours old stale image. I don't need to view a live feed just to learn if my garage door is closed...just an updated snapshot would be sufficient.
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That would use battery, possibly leading to a huge uproar. An option to enable this could be useful so it's the user's choice. Add a suggestion in the suggestions forum.
Indee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I disagree. Looking at 18 our old images provides zero value. If a user wants to open the app 36 times a day, then, yes there would be issues. But for most users, opening the app a few times a day and having the app refresh snapshots from all connected cameras would be very helpful. I get that we want to conserve battery. At the very least, allow users to pull down to refresh all snapshots. You can't tell me that taking a snapshot once or twice a day from all cameras will kill the battery. I've been using drop cam for years, and I'm very impressed with this product so far. If we are going to kill the drop cam, these are things, in my opinion, that should be considered.
Indee
Aspirant
Aspirant
On that note, it seems that a user is only able to record video when motion or audio is triggered. There should also be an option to simply capture a snapshot. If we are going to talk about conserving battery, in my opinion that would be a healthy option.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, it's not currently possible so make a suggestion:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation