Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Chardz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi i need all your advise in order for me to get the exact location of where i need to put the base station.

Can i ask if a thief comes inside the house, arlo detect its movement, record the motion. However if he steals the base station, can i still replay the incident? As i understand that arlo stored in cloud service.

So does it means with or without base station if the recording has been successfully saved, we still can replay from the cloud system with or without the base station?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Physical access is always a security problem.  However, in this case, the video would already be stored as long as the person(s) haven't cut power and Internet access before being detected.  You can't solve every problem - if someone wants to be nasty, all bets are off.

paulfrancis
Initiate
Initiate

In many parts of the world like a super big market as Brazil the main powerswitch is in the street and easy to turn off...

So I can not buy this system unfortunately.

So good the cameras work on battery but the basestation NOT

In a future camera system it would resolve if a battery backup in the baseunit at least could store images...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

With a battery backup/uninterruptible power supply (UPS) that powers at least the base station, router and modem, you should still be able to keep the system alive.  As long as these have power and the Internet connection is not interrupted you'll still have the coverage as before.  The only issue is the size of the battery system relative to how long power is off.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation