Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
TheUncleAl
Follower
Follower
Set up system. Works. Sent invite to wife and the access app never gets out of loading mode. Same result with both urls
9 REPLIES 9
Diego_Italy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing, keeps loading. Did you sort out? Tx

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TheUncleAI,

How many cameras were shared? Do you see this behavior across all devices? When sharing, did you toggle on Grant Access along with the shared camera?

JamesC

Fozzyp78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have given wife guest access, built she is not able to see the cameras.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fozzyp78,

Has she accepted the invitation? If you go to the Grant Access feature on the primary account it will say either "pending" or "accepted".

If it shows as pending, she still needs to accept the invitation. For more information take a look at this article: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

Fozzyp78
Aspirant
Aspirant
She has accepted the invitation, but when she tried to view the cameras she presses the view button, it shows the camera, but then goes to say that the cameras are offline and to try again.
This app works fine on my mobile and I can see the cameras (live) and do everything within it.
Fozzyp78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have 3 cameras, see them on other device (mine), have granted acces along with shared camera.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fozzyp78,

I have a few questions to help isolate the issue further. What device(Browser/OS and Version) is she using to view that is behaving this way? Does this occur on any device she tries to use? Does this always occur or is it intermittent?

JamesC

Fozzyp78
Aspirant
Aspirant
She is using an iPhone 5c with the latest iOS on it (9.2.1) she has the app installed and also she try's this in safari and still the same problem.
This problem always occurs and it is not intermittent.
Have tried this on her iPad mini and this is the same problem. The iPad has the latest iOS installed like the iPhone.
It is funny that I can view this ok on a browser at work but the Mrs is not able to.
PWelch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had same problem but it started working after I granted admin access and then spouse closed/reopened app.

Background:   When I originally granted her access, she could view the cameras.  I accidentally deleted her access instead of giving her admin rights, and when I re-granted access, that is when it hung.  Tried deleting and re-granting repeatedly, no dice.  She has an iPhone 6, 9.3.1, latest Arlo App.  Worked the same on the iPad and safari. I purchased the 4 camera pack from Best Buy and don't have any issues looking at the cameras on my iPhone, ipad, or safari.   She deleted then redownloaded the Arlo app.  

I finally gave her admin access and it still wasn't working so I started typing up this post.  I was ready to hit "send" and she noticed she was able to see the cameras without the perpetual "Getting Status."  Updated the post so maybe it will help others.  

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation