Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Glowing spot on video

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SJC829
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, a glowing spot on my fence was recorded on my camera as the neighbors were walking down the driveway. I have never seen this before. It looked like one of them put a cigarette on my fence post and that's what was causing the glow (it got brighter and duller like fire), but after going outside and inspecting it, I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know what it might be or have experience with this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree - some sort of reflection. Can't tell from the video but I'd guess its the flat side of one of the vertical slats getting illuminated and the people walking by are interrupting the source.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
SJC829
Aspirant
Aspirant
I forgot to add that this was seen with night vision.
SJC829
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, I'm struggling on how to post it... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

View the video and look for the Share icon at the bottom.  Copy the link and paste it here.

I have a neighbor that smokes outside and it appears like you said.  It could also be something that simply reflects IR well. A cigarette, if unfiltered (or a joint?) could burn completely, leaving little to be found. Maybe it wasn't on the fence in the first place - something else holding it up?

SJC829
Aspirant
Aspirant
https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/6473EE8D19033E52

Ok thank you! There's the video. You will see their Christmas lights in the right hand corner and someone's glow-in-the-dark shoes as they walk down the driveway. My house and fence are on the left. The glowing is a few seconds in and appears to be on my fence towards the upper left.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

looks like a reflection from some sort of  lights, flashing in two pulses 3x... any condensation ? raindrops on fence? pcv fence?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree - some sort of reflection. Can't tell from the video but I'd guess its the flat side of one of the vertical slats getting illuminated and the people walking by are interrupting the source.

SJC829
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, I'm hoping that's all it was. It was raining earlier that day. I just wanted to double-check because I have had that camera up for months and never saw anything like that.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

then wait till you see the ghosts...I mean dust particles !  🙂

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation