Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
armoredsaint
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have an iPhone 6 that's up to date, I know the app like to hang sometimes even at home using my wifi and/or 4G LTE. I need to close it out and open it again, it's very inconsistent and slow.

I just purchased the 4-camera system yesterday from BB.

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

see the other same thread ;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Apps/Very-slow-or-non-responsive-after-the-app-uodate/td-p/982...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
WarriorPrincess
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am getting that issue now after having the systems for long time without any issues.  It's hanging out on every app I tried to login,.  HP computer, Surface, iphone, Android.  It's just not responding.  Super annoying. Not sure what is the issue since all the camareras are on and connected all lights are green,. etc,... It seems more like a server error on their end,.  Arlo company needs to check their server.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo team is making several updates to the cloud and to all the apps as a part of the new release today. Some users may experience issues during this process and we apologize for any inconvenience this might cause. 

We are continuing to work toward a resolution and believe we are very close to restoring the system to normal operation.

We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.

JamesC
Boat52
Apprentice
Apprentice

I keep getting a message that "your device is offline". Yet I keep getting e-mails and text when there is motion and it is recorded. I can watch the videos. I cannot access the cameras. This upgrade is an example of how to make users think twice about using Arlo for high security situations. If a camera security system goes down for hours, it really is nothing more than a nice toy and can't be relied upon.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Boat52,

All upgrades have been completed. Are you still experiencing any issues?

JamesC

Boat52
Apprentice
Apprentice

Everything is A-OK today. yesterday...UGH! Thx. Will frimware automatically update in the future.

ProudDad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Getting the same "Getting Status" issue for a day now on my IPhone 6. Is there a problem with Netgear servers? All lights are green by the way. Thank you.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd try a few things:

1) Restart the phone.

2) Reinstall the app.

3) Try a browser.

Do any of these work?

ProudDad
Aspirant
Aspirant
None of the suggested works. I'm only using one camera and it's been working for 3 weeks. My setup is 3 weeks old. My internet works. Very strange that the setup stopped working. Stuck on "Getting Status"
ProudDad
Aspirant
Aspirant
I now deleted my camera from the system and tried to re-sync. I brought the camera in the house next to the base to sync. Camera and base showed synced from blinking blue light and green light on base. However shows no camera on the app...
ProudDad
Aspirant
Aspirant
I reset the base by clicking the reset button at the back of the base and started from
Scratch..added the base and then the camera..voila ..back online. Ty