Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
defilade
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have geofencing set up with two devices, my phone and my wife's. It's set up so that the system activates when we leave and disarms when we come back. This works perfectly with one device because it does exactly what you want - it turns on when you leave the house.

But what I've noticed with two devices is that it activates if either one of us leaves, so even when someone is still home, the system is activated. So it seems like the logic is, "if any device is out of zone, then do X" when what I'd like is, "If all devices are out of zone, then do X". If you think about it, if the point of geofencing is to allow you to activate the system when you leave then there's no point in activating it while someone is still home.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to set this up so that it only activates when both of us are out of zone?

103 REPLIES 103
Zboz
Star
Star
JoeKo575, you and your girlfriend need separate accounts, don’t use the same account
Brujo
Aspirant
Aspirant
That does not help. We have 3 users with their own accounts and geofencing does not work.
Zboz
Star
Star
This is what worked for me. However, only 2 users and both iPhones.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Features/Geofencing-with-multiple-devices/m-p/1577273#M15030
Jufeen66
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have done all these things to get my phone activity for geofencing . I am the secondary phone

On admin I still remain as inactive

Please advise