Geofencing multiple devices

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JRDIII
Follower
Follower

I searched the forum and could not find an answer to my specific question. I got my Arlo a couple of days ago and set up my single camera to view my driveway and front door. Yesterday I set up Geofencing for both my phone and my wife's phone and everything seemed to go well in setup, and I received a notification that the camera armed as soon as I drove out of the neighborhood, and it disarmed as soon as I returned home – all good. Today both my wife and I were at work and the app correctly indicated that both of us were out of zone and the camera was armed. However, my wife returned home for lunch and when she pulled in the driveway the camera remained armed and recorded her arrival. It stayed armed and recorded her departure a short time later. How do I get Geofencing to disarm the camera when just she returns home? It seems to work for me but not her. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
rotheone
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem with the arlo wire free cameras i have. I also have an alro q on my account she has delegated access to and it correctly disarms which is weird.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JRDIII,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius.

For this to work be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

When using multiple devices, the secondary devices should be logged into the app via shared account through the "Grant Access" feature so that both devices are logged in using the mobile app. Take a look at this article for more information: How do I add and manage multiple mobile devices for geofencing?

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation