Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing based motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Vatsan_Vasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have noticed that geofencing doesn't work until the Arlo app is opened up. Even if it runs in the background it doesn't work if I enter/exit my geofencing zone.

Is there a fix for this?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vatsan_Vasu,

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings for the affected cameras. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

JamesC

Vatsan_Vasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Thank you for your reply. I tried what you advised and it doesn't work until I open my app. Havin Arlo run in the background doesn't prompt motin detection on off when I am away or home. Until I open the app the motion detection doesn't change to arm or disarm based on where I am.

I have ditched this mode as it is not doing what it is supposed to properly. I have now set it on schedule based mode and uncovered another problem.

Seems like schedule based mode only sends email to myself ( primary user). It doesn't send an email to allowed users which in this instance is my wife.

There is no setting in the schedule mode that allows you to control notifications.

Can you please advise how to fix this? The whole point of buying this expensive camera was to do things it is supposed to do and it doesn't.

Vatsan_Vasu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Before you or anyone else asks me I just want to add that my wife's emal address is already set up in the app.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Vatsan_Vasu wrote:. I have now set it on schedule based mode and uncovered another problem.

Seems like schedule based mode only sends email to myself ( primary user). It doesn't send an email to allowed users which in this instance is my wife.

There is no setting in the schedule mode that allows you to control notifications.

Schedule does not control anything but when Modes are active or not.

If you need to have emails sent out, in the MODE that your using, ( ARMED or custom ), you edit that Mode and add a second email address

go MODE, click on edit pencil in that mode, pick camera, near bottom put second email in "+" box, add and SAVE

( btw, emails are per camera, so must be done for each camera wanted )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation