Geofencing and multiple iphones that share the same Apple account

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nickysdadrf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a base station with 6 wireless cameras and 1 Arlo -Q camera.  All cameras are associated with my Arlo account.  I granted access to 1 other user.  I have 2 iphones both of which are associated with 1 Apple account.  When using the geofencing feature, it works haphazardly.  Sometimes it recognizes both phones when in and out of zone.  Sometimes it recognizes only one (the primary) and the other reflects "out of zone" even when in zone.  At other times, one phone reflects "unavailable.  I called your support desk who advised that geofencing is still in beta and does not work when using it with multiple iphones associated with the same Apple ID, and that it would be better to use phones associated with different Apple IDs.

Please fix this issue, as geofencing is a great feature and should be able to be used with multiple phones - even if they are associated with the same Apple ID.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nickysdadrf,

I would like to take a closer look at the issue you are describing. Please send me the email address and case number you have open with the support team (in a private message) and I will review your case.

JamesC

Nickysdadrf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you but the two did not provide me with a case number. Instead he told me to post my concern here in the community as geofencing was in beta. How do I send you a private message 

Nickysdadrf
Aspirant
Aspirant

We're you able to look into this issue?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nickysdadrf,

I don't believe using the same apple ID is causing this behavior.

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again. Also consider increasing the size of the location radius (small -> medium, medium ->) as it may be an issue with the phone being located.

Also be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

JamesC