Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing alternative

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Geoffreys
Follower
Follower
Great idea on the new geofencing once the few beta issues are ironed out. Only issue is battery usage is killing me even on iPhone 6s.

As a (vastly) lower power option to geo-fencing, maybe Netgear could consider monitoring the the presence of the "home" wifi network. When not detected, the device is away from home. When detected the device is obviously at home.

Implemented as a background service on the device which passively checks visible networks it would offer arguably a better experience.

Just a thought for the devs to consider.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Geoffreys,

Thank you for the feedback. I will forward your suggestion to the Beta Team.

You might also consider posting your Idea in the Arlo Idea Exchange where other users can support it with kudos.

JamesC

J-Gramel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there - as I have logged in my phones with a fixed (always remembred IP address), it should be easy to check status of "pinging" such address.

Furtheron I would like to switch off deliberately the mode change, "Away" or "At home" to avoid getting pinged all day by various family members entering / leaving our home. Because this would distract me from really IMPORTANT mode alerts.
Should be an option with each device allowed in the system to switch off the notification.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation