Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
madsrune
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have configured the app for Geofencing with Away=Armed and Home=Schedule.

The schedule is configured to be Armed between midnight and 7am and Disarmed otherwise. I've tried explicitly adding "Disarmed" from 7.00am-11.59pm to the schedule but it is not shown. I assume this is because "nothing" in the schedule means Disarmed?

The geofencing works well and and the system goes to Armed at midnight as expected. However, the system never goes to Disarmed at 7am (while at Home). If I launch the app and manually change the mode to Disarmed and then back to Geofencing it stays at Disarmed (which is consistent with the schedule).

So to sum it up: The Schedule transitions correctly from Disarmed to Armed, but not the other way. What's wrong?

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

madsrune,

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Also be sure you do not log out or force close the Arlo app. For Geofencing to work the app must be logged in and open on the mobile device.

JamesC

madsrune
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that. No change.

Keep in mind that the Geofencing itself works fine: It switches from Home to Away and back as expected.

I have Away => Armed and Home => Schedule

The problem is that the Schedule only kicks in when going from Disarmed to Armed (at midnight), not when going from Armed to Disarmed (at 7am).

darrylm
Initiate
Initiate

I have the exact same problem as madsrune. 

secd42
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have this too. The schedule is set from 11pm-5am, it turned on at 11 as it should, but I was still getting recordings at 7:45am. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Geofencing is still a beta feature. More updates improving this feature will come in the future. I have escalated these discussions to the Beta team.

We appreciate your feedback while this feature is being developed.

JamesC

Remlam
Star
Star

Please fix geofencing once and for all. It is pretty ridiculous that netgear claims to own a significant chunk of the security camera market, they release new cameras (Arlo pro) and update the app with support for the new camera plus"bug fixes". I have been waiting sooooooo long for netgear to fix geofencing. I'm Tired of unecessarily draining my batteries (because geofencing thinks I'm away when home) and having my system disarmed manually and forgetting to rearm when I want it armed because of the problem I just explained.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Remlam,

Have you tried increasing the location radius in your Geofencing settings? This could be the reason it shows you as away even though you are home.

JamesC

Remlam
Star
Star
I tried that no luck. Actually I changed the radius to large and NOW my hub (outdoor cams) is showing my wife correctly "in zone" but my Arlo q is now showing her "unavailable". Hahaha. Seriously this feature is such a joke. I can't understand why netgear doesn't resolve geofencing and take it out of beta. It is not rocket science and a feature everyone uses. My co worker and I joke about it all the time because he has even worse troubles with his android device. Come on now.
darrylm
Initiate
Initiate

I posted in this thread on July 8th. It's now Oct 18th and I still have the exact same problem with Geofencing as other users. I understand the "beta" concept as I am a professional coder for over 30 years, but my concept of "beta" is to put the code out there, let users test it and get feedback. Once feedback is analyzed, fix the problems and put the code out there again, let users test and get more feedback.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation