Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
rabrah
Initiate
Initiate

I am trying to use the Geo Fencing function but it is not switching modes when it is "At Home" and using the Schedule.  The first time that it registers as "At Home" it initiates the Schedule, but then it does not follow the schedule.

For example, I came home last night, it registered that I was "At home" and it switched on the Schedule which was "disarmed".  Over night the Schedule switched the cameras to "All motion on" but then at 7:00Am when the schedule says to disarm, the cameras are still armed.

Any help would be appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
Dana32
Initiate
Initiate
This is happening to me too. I wonder if it's just a glitch because get facing is new.
marcoinpb
Star
Star

In search for answers, many other posts on this. I have the same problem every day. Ned to manual rest every morning. 

Search: Geofencing with schedules and search Geofencing with schedule (no s on schedule). 

P

howarmat
Star
Star

yeah it looks like i am having the same issues as you all are.

marcoinpb
Star
Star

It may be worth noting that the necessity to restart the Arlo program every morning may be caused by your program closing the program during the night. Also, I have confirmed that that my iPhone 6+ has not rebooted during the night.

Again, Geofencing working with Scheduling does work as programed IF and only IF i manually restart the program in morning.

Koda25
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem, I have to manually reset it everyday! I did this the help w/my battery life and it's not helping!! When will this get fixed??
skip2753
Initiate
Initiate

I'm also experiencing this issue and posted here:

cameras are not accurately following schedule

At that time, I wasn't sure if it was following the schedule but just *very* slow or not at all.

I must say that I'm disappointed with Netgear's lack of information to an extremely enthusiatic and largely tech savy communtity.  Instead, we are left to speculate and try to reverse engineer their arcitechure through anadotal experiences.

For example, I would like to know how the cameras switch from one mode to another when they are using a schedule.  Is the schedule dowloaded to each cameras OS (doubtful)?  Are commands sent from Netgears datacenter to update camera mode (this is my guess)?  Is the schedule controlled from a smartphone devise?  Just knowing this would be a huge help to understand why the schedule mode is non functional.

The addition of geo fensing is a huge benefit that I believe we are all grateful for and I understand that bugs need to be irnoned out but stone walling is unacceptable.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have forwarded these topics to the beta team for review. Geofencing is still a beta feature and will see more updates in the future.

Some users have reported refreshing their enabled devices (toggle enabled devices off, save, and then toggle back on) has helped with the issue being discussed here.

JamesC

RandB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please update when Geo Fencing is working with the schedule feature. I need the Arlo to work on a schedule but also to be armed when I leave my property. Is there another way to set this up until the Geo Fencing/Schedule glitch is worked out by tech team?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RandB,

This can be done by setting up your schedule and then within your Geofencing settings, set Home mode to "Schedule" and Away mode to "Armed". This will allow the Schedule to engage when your device is within the home location and the Armed mode to engage when you are away.

JamesC

crazyaden
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC

I am doing just this and it is not working. I am running geofencing with away mode in "armed" and home mode in "schedule.

I am using mine ad my wifes Iphone 6 (both are being tracked). But when one of use leaves or arrives, it is not responding with a change. For example, when she arrived home the system remained armed.

Jason

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

crazyaden,

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Also be sure the app stays logged in and is running on both mobile devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

rabrah
Initiate
Initiate

Hi,

It seems like this is a 'bug', so i hope that the beta team is reviewing since this is really quite fundemental to the function i.e. auto-switiching modes.

One other thing that needs to be reviewed by the Beta team is the use of multiple devices; the system is curerntly unable to deferentiate between devices, so if I leave and my wife (and her phone) remain, Geofenching picks up on my device leaving and flips the mode.  I think that it should be and AND function and not an OR function i.e. if my phone AND my wife's phone leave the area then flip mode rather than if my phone OR my wife's phone.  

Lastly, this has been in Beta for quite some time.  When is it going to be be released in a more stable, 'Alpha' state?

Thanks Arlo team

Roger

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just an FYI, alpha status is even earlier in the process than beta. Omega would be a better choice.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rabrah,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius.

If you are having trouble with this, consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Also be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on both of your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work. It sounds like the app on your wife's phone may not be running when you leave the Geofencing radius.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation